Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E60 Service Reset After Pro Nav Retrofit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

E60 Service Reset After Pro Nav Retrofit

My cousin got a Pro Nav retro fit recently.
    All,fine until he carried out some service work.

Usually you can manually reset each item in the iDrive with the press of a few buttons but it won't work of some reason.

Mr. Healy tried it with his PC after he done some work, and IIRC it reset but the warnings cam straight back on a hour or two later.

Anybody ever come actors this?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kceire
    My cousin got a Pro Nav retro fit recently.
    All,fine until he carried out some service work.

Usually you can manually reset each item in the iDrive with the press of a few buttons but it won't work of some reason.

Mr. Healy tried it with his PC after he done some work, and IIRC it reset but the warnings cam straight back on a hour or two later.

Anybody ever come actors this?
    Both the brakes and micro filter lights came back on Keith? Yeah they wouldn't reset the normal way even after a battery reset so I used the GT1 to reset them. On the first attempt it didn't work but on the second one it did. Very, very odd!

BMWHaus Guru

Seems odd, sounds like a trip back to the installer is on the cards. Hopefully it can be sorted with recoding

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E60 Service Reset After Pro Nav Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    Seems odd, sounds like a trip back to the installer is on the cards. Hopefully it can be sorted with recoding
    normally John, thats what i would consider, but the "installer" is saying he wants €20 for a service light reset. I had to stop my cousin going over to his house late last night, he was fuming!

Conor,

Keith just called me there. The brake pads service light has stayed off, the one you reset. Did you reset the Microfilter service item?

BMWHaus Guru

normally John, thats what i would consider, but the "installer" is saying he wants €20 for a service light reset. I had to stop my cousin going over to his house late last night, he was fuming!
    That's taking the p1ss, he sounds like a cowboy.
    Maybe @[GERMANIKS] could recode it?

BMWHaus Contributor

Thats the "installer" done it John.

BMWHaus Guru

That's a disgrace so and isn't a great recommendation for him.

Iirc this isn't the first bit of work your cousin got him to do that didn't go right. Wasn't the sport button a bit of a mess too?

In that case I'd say he'd be better off trying to get someone else to sort it.

BMWHaus Contributor

That's a disgrace so and isn't a great recommendation for him.

Iirc this isn't the first bit of work your cousin got him to do that didn't go right. Wasn't the sport button a bit of a mess too?

In that case I'd say he'd be better off trying to get someone else to sort it.
    Thats why he is fuming, he has spent a small fortune with him, and its just constant error after error at this stage.

BMWHaus Guru

That's a disgrace.
    Is there anyone else in dublin who can help? I'm sure @[rebel.ranter] could sort it but he has left the big smoke. Hope he gets it sorted.

BMWHaus Contributor

Keith I appreciate you cousin might be upset but let's not blame that on me.
    I have done more CCC and CIC retrofits than many many people around and I never had this issue.
    I saw your cousin the other day and ran a diag and reset a few modules but nothing worked.
    I did not charge him for that.

Now yes if anyone calls me to reset a warning light I have to charge, I run a business, not a charity. I never charge when I did something wrong, and sometimes I miscode or miswire something, in that case it is free or course.

I have done lots of freebies to yourself and your cousin and my prices were always good value, you never complained about my prices. Nor Keith.
    Nothing wrong with that Sport button either. Not sure why this is coming up.
    Your cousin bought a faulty CCC that he supplied to me for installation, not my fault if the DVD was not working. He got a new one, I coded it and did not charge anything extra for it.

Keep in mind your cousin bought a LCI CCC version from 2007, this is not meant for his car, which is a 2005 model. This may explain why it would not reset as expected, who knows. Mixing parts from different productions years as one can imagine, does not always work 100%.

Now as I said to your cousin I will try to see if I can find a solution, but so far nothing.
    If someone has a suggestion, feel free to share.