Thread: Outdoor temp sensor e46 '05 m sport

Outdoor temp sensor e46 '05 m sport

Hi All,

My outdoor temp reads 50+C on the dash, did some research and found that the temp sensor positioned under the passenger side front wheel arch might be damaged.

Checked and found it wasnt there. Ordered replacement and came in post this morning.

I had a feel round the underbody and found an area where to put it but I cant feel a plug of sorts at the end of it.

Anyone any experience with this?. How would I best access this area?

Thanks
    Fred

BMWHaus Guru

It was on the drivers side on my old 323ci

RE: Outdoor temp sensor e46 '05 m sport

It's on the passenger side of my Mar 05 build E46 Coupé if that helps. If you cannot find the plug, then the plug is still connected to the temp sensor lying by the side of a road someplace. All is not lost, its a common enough problem. Simply get a replacement plug splice it to the wiring left behind (2 small wires) and plug it back in. However this time, don't use the location in the archliner/splash guard on its own..secure it firmly (and loose wiring) with some cable ties. Mine's had no troubles since and is still firmly in place.

BMWHaus Guru

Pretty sure it's on drivers side of mine,(2000 E46 saloon) there is an unused plug on the passenger side and what looks like a place to mount a sensor(no hole)

I may be wrong but I read before that some cars have a seperate sensor for heated mirrors and washer jets.

RE: Outdoor temp sensor e46 '05 m sport

...Ill check again when I get home later, cheers.