Thread: Bmw really hitting the nail on the head

Bmw really hitting the nail on the head

I must say im very impressed with the overall looks inside and out of bmws latest fleet the 2,3,4,5,6,7 and i8 all stunning dare i say it even the 3 series gt in sport guise has grown on me

Check out whats behind the yellow m4

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Bmw really hitting the nail on the head

All 2 litre diesels? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

BMWHaus Guru

I don't know Gar, as you know I'm a pretty big BMW fan but I think the range has now become bland with all models looking too much the same. Too "safe" or something. They are still miles ahead in many respects to be fair. The CG range is nice, I have to agree.
    Finally the move to 4 pot & diesel is a bit of a sad one but this has more or less been forced upon them by environmental policies & economic drivers so you can't blame them for that really.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Couldn't agree more Gar, they look great. Although I must say the 2 looks good on its' own but when put next to the 4 it doesn't look as handsome and comes across as kind of a toy. It's the same with the old 1 coupe looked ok on its' own but next to the e92 it just seemed silly (no offence to any 1 or 2 owners :tounge

The 3 is still my favourite, it looks so sharp and well proportioned from any angle

Re: Bmw really hitting the nail on the head

They are definitely some of the best looking cars around now a lot of new shape cars are becoming ugly,
    Some of the bmw models have very similar looks seem to only differ in size but they still look great really beefed up looking and look like they mean business if someone is in the market to buy a brand new car id imagine its very hard to pass one up I know I couldn't

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Bmw really hitting the nail on the head

Personally and it's just my opinion, I find it hard to see where BMW are going with the range! I don't understand why they have the 3 series and 3gt then the 4 series coupe fair enough but then why the 4 grand coupe? Is that not a saloon car anyway? Why have the 3 series and a 4 grand coupe? To me they're the same! 3 series should be saloon and 4 the coupe keep it at that!

I agree that they all are beginning to look the same too, the only distinguishing factor being the physical size and this is something the likes of Audi have done and should be left with them!

Maybe I just haven't seen enough 3 or 4 series and 5 and 7 series to be able to tell them apart properly! That said, some folks including my neighbours can't tell the difference between my e92 and another neighbours e60, to me the difference is night-and-day!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Personally and it's just my opinion, I find it hard to see where BMW are going with the range! I don't understand why they have the 3 series and 3gt then the 4 series coupe fair enough but then why the 4 grand coupe? Is that not a saloon car anyway? Why have the 3 series and a 4 grand coupe? To me they're the same! 3 series should be saloon and 4 the coupe keep it at that!

I agree that they all are beginning to look the same too, the only distinguishing factor being the physical size and this is something the likes of Audi have done and should be left with them!

Maybe I just haven't seen enough 3 or 4 series and 5 and 7 series to be able to tell them apart properly! That said, some folks including my neighbours can't tell the difference between my e92 and another neighbours e60, to me the difference is night-and-day!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2
    Totally agree with that too Paddy, was just saying the same here http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=57&page=125 about how BMW/Audi/Merecedes are getting so caught up in copying what the other company is doing that they're losing their identity. You can definitely see it in the roof line of the 4 for example how similar it is to an Audi design. And definitely no need for a 4 or 6 gran coupe (I think a 2 gran coupe is in the pipelines too!!) separating the 3 and 4 was for the sole purpose of the 3 being the saloon and 4 being the coupe so they certainly managed to make the range unnecessarily complicated.

Re: RE: Bmw really hitting the nail on the head

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    I don't know Gar, as you know I'm a pretty big BMW fan but I think the range has now become bland with all models looking too much the same. Too "safe" or something. They are still miles ahead in many respects to be fair. The CG range is nice, I have to agree.
    Finally the move to 4 pot & diesel is a bit of a sad one but this has more or less been forced upon them by environmental policies & economic drivers so you can't blame them for that really.
    But nobody says you have to buy the diesel mark that turbocharged i6 lump should keep most happy iv seen a few 35i's knocking about

@peter yep when next to the 4 the 2 does look a little crap but the 6 does the same again to the 4