Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E36 318 Touring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

E36 318 Touring

With the M3's imminent hibernation approaching fast, I have been on the lookout for a daily driver, I always loved the e36 touring so I picked one up today. Seems like an honest car full beige leather interior 1999 168000 mile not sure of the exact name of the colour its green. The test drive was good felt tight on the road and brakes firm interior is in great nic I felt good after the test drive so I decided to give it a punt. This will also double up as a project car. The car itself has some surface rust on the boot along with passenger front and rear door along with rear arch. Only back from picking it up so I will post pictures in the morning as its crap weather outside. I'm looking forward to putting my own touches to this going forward. I have a few bits and pieces in mind ill give it a full service oil air fuel filters and brake fluid change along with flushing the rad and new spark plugs. Need to sort the rust patches out, the paint isn't a1 but for the time been ill give it a good going over and polish. I am half considering wrapping the car, I am planning an M Sport front bumper (if anyone knows of one for sale) going to give the suspension a going over, along with lowering it new wheels and tyres an angle eye upgrade for front headlights. I am also on the lookout for some BBS deep dish wheels.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E36 318 Touring

Remember the car from donedeal, best of luck with it. Chris has e34 style 5s which would just be perfect for it. I secretly want them myself, but they don't suit my wheel needs at the moment

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Remember the car from donedeal, best of luck with it. Chris has e34 style 5s which would just be perfect for it. I secretly want them myself, but they don't suit my wheel needs at the moment
    The style 5's look great alright going to go through everything mechanically first and then the shiny bits

BMWHaus Guru

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-e36-touring/7505095

BMWHaus Contributor

Best of luck with the touring rare sight on the road

BMWHaus Contributor

Love to see touring projects!

BMWHaus Contributor

I saw the car a few times on dd and saw it in person once. The chap that owned AC tuning/styling on the long mile road used to own it. It's a good looking car best of luck with it.

BMWHaus Guru

Best of luck with it Tony looks great

Have a few sets of wheels to suit it when the time comes

BMWHaus Guru

E36 318 Touring

So had a good look around the car today. Need it get the rust sorted first the rear boot lid

Passenger side door.

Rear arch

I also picked up a service kit oil air and fuel filter along with plugs ! The front driver side headlight was fogging up due to a crack but a spare was included in the sale so I fitted that today.

The two front fogs were sprayed over which looked crap so I popped ten out and removed the paint

Gave them a good going over and removed the paint. They are not in great condition but look much better on the car now. I will be changing them going forward anyway.

I got two quotes today of €1000 to repaint the car with exception of the roof or €1,100 to wrap the car in Matt Black. I'm undecided as yet which route to take any thoughts on this appreciated?

My plans are getting it mechanically sound changing out the thermostat and housing along with fitting a new water pump with metal impeller going to refresh the suspension new shocks and eibach springs etc. going to fit yellow fogs and angel eyes looked at these

http://www.electrodirect.ie/3-series-e36-96-99-estate/9483-lpbm21-bmw-e36-1290-0899-angel-eyes-black.html

New wheels and tyres on the cards too. So the shipping list at the moment is

Mtech front bumper
    Front passenger wheel arch liner
    Yellow fogs
    Springs and shocks
    Wheels and tyres.
    Rear dog guard to keep the two hounds from jumping all over the car!!
    Thermostat and housing
    Water pump with metal impeller
    Brake pads

Any links to parts or if you know of any for sale please let me know especially the front bumper.

I could of bought a car with everything done already but I'm looking forward to going down my own route with this.

Finally the spec

BMWHaus Guru

E36 318 Touring

Go for the re paint rather than the wrap. It'll look a million times better