Thread: HydrO2 - Wipe-less Silica spray

BMWHaus Guru

HydrO2 - Wipe-less Silica spray

I bought this over a month ago but only got around to using it this morning.

The idea is that it is a wipe-less silica spray. You spray it on the car right after washing & rinsing the car. I was away for two weeks & the car had not been washed for a week prior to that. So I started with a rinse, snow foam, rinse & then sprayed this on the car while it was still wet (mixed in a 1:3 ratio, HydrO2:Water). Then I pressure rinsed (as per instructions) the car. I initially made the mistake of not doing it section by section, you could see more water marks in these areas. Easy to sort & doing this section by section solves it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiKRHqnWcBE&sns=em

The finished job:

Let's see how it performs.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

RE: HydrO2 - Wipe-less Silica spray

Keep us up to date! Currenty not getting any time to give any car a good going over so this be the perfect solution.

BMWHaus Contributor

Looks good, might have to add it to the arsenal at some stage

BMWHaus Guru

Well, it is 1 month on & 3 washes later, mainly city/dual carriageway driving with no heavy dirt, mainly building site dust & dust from being parked up most of the time.

The product is definitely still working. You can see the water sheet/beading away quite well still & there is still a decent shine off the paint work.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Administrator

Strongly considering add the Car Pro range of products to the site - this looks like the business for anyone who might not have a whole lot of time to be spending on the car!

BMWHaus Guru

OK, these threads always need photos. It has been raining overnight & here you can see some shots of the beading. I included shots of the side of the 6 Series too for comparison purposes. The 6 was washed the same amount of times & treated 3 washes ago with Dodo Juice Red Mist (I love this stuff!). I did drive the 6 last night from Cork to Killarney & the weather was wet on the way back so the car may have a layer of dirt lessening the beading effect. The Dodo Juice Red Mist is easy to apply but does require a bit of buffing. The HydrO2 is ridiculously easy to do though, just mist it on & rinse off a section at a time. Reminder that the e36 is the one treated with HydrO2 3 washes ago.

Also note that I use the "Dry Me Crazy" microfibre drying towel (my second one) that I picked up from DetailingShed. Note, you don't dry the car before or immediately after applying HydrO2.

Current Garage:

Administrator

Dodo Juice Red Mist is a decent product - find that it doesnt last too long...but it certainly does add gloss to the appearance. Have you tried Perfection...very similar, but you'd probably get about double the durability of the Red Mist....which I found to give about 1.5 weeks tops!

BMWHaus Guru
    Spent a small fortune getting the M6 detailed and then this morning I used HydrO2 on the 630i and it looks nearly as good with zero effort!

Last edited by rebel.ranter; 15-05-16 at 14:21.

Administrator
    The silica in the product gives a really nice boost to the shine. Can't beat it for ease of use, that's for sure!!

The pair of them are looking well Mark!

BMWHaus Guru
    Beads nicely too, you can see the way it deflects the water.