Thread: Should I try seal my wheels?

BMWHaus Guru

Should I try seal my wheels?

As above, just got rims back from refurb and wondering if I should coat them with something to try prevent any road-shit sticking to them when they're back on! If so, what should I look at getting?

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Should I try seal my wheels?

Yes definitely worth doing, when I got the mpars I got Gtechnic wheel seal and it's really good stuff although also expensive,
    I'm sure Dave or Chris will have other suggestions.

Administrator

Yeah, gtechniq C5 Wheel Armor is excellent, though quite expensive; 15ml is around 25 Euro, rated as durability of 1 - 1.5 years - theres enough in the little amount you do get to do the set of wheels though.
    At the moment, there is no current supplier of gtechniq in Ireland though...Im working on it!

Another option is Wolf's Chemicals Rim Shield - for around the same price, you get 10 times as much - durability of up to a year, so, perhaps having to apply it a little more frequently, but at least you'd have it there to do it.

Do it now, before the wheels get contaminated and need a full preparation - though I would advice a light wipedown with IPA.
    If you are looking for something a little easier to use, Wolf's do a wheel cleaner that contains Nano sealant in it - when it cleans, it moves the dirt out and the sealant moves in, protecting the wheels until the next time you wash and use it - Wolf's Clean & Coat

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Should I try seal my wheels?

Cheers for the replies lads!

Dave I'll give you a shout over the coming weeks so to get a price for this and the few other bits!

Thanks!

Administrator

Cool - no rush, but if you are planning on putting the wheels on pre-sealing them; just remember you will have to, or ideally would have to do a de-contamination / prepartion to get the full effect from those products...just to keep that in mind!

BMWHaus Guru

Re: RE: Should I try seal my wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by Curran
    Cool - no rush, but if you are planning on putting the wheels on pre-sealing them; just remember you will have to, or ideally would have to do a de-contamination / prepartion to get the full effect from those products...just to keep that in mind!
    I'd say they'll be treated before going on as I haven't got tyres yet!