Thread: Thoughts on new MX-5?

BMWHaus Guru

Thoughts on new MX-5?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mazda/mx-5/88458/mazda-mx-5-2015-official-pics-revealed-pictures#main-content-area

Wouldn't be taking it over my e36, a z4, or an s2000 but a handsome little brute nonetheless... It seems mazda wait for the equivalent Jag to come out and completely plagiarise

RE: Thoughts on new MX-5?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mazda/mx-5/88458/mazda-mx-5-2015-official-pics-revealed-pictures#main-content-area

Wouldn't be taking it over my e36, a z4, or an s2000 but a handsome little brute nonetheless... It seems mazda wait for the equivalent Jag to come out and completely plagiarise
    The front end looks like it was copied off GT-86 and the rear looks like it was copied from the lotus elise, not a fan really

I like that.

I'v yet to see a new car with LED DRLs that don't look like the owner got them in Halfords.

BMWHaus Guru

Have never understood the love for MX5s, I know they're s'posed to be great to drive
    etc. The new one wouldn't make me look twice either, but it does look like they've done
    a much bigger update on this version.

BMWHaus Guru

I understand the concept for sure, makes a lot of sense. But there is just so many cars that I would pick over it!

Just me that sees a 'Happy Face' in the Mk1 MX5?

I've driven a 2009 Mx5 and thought it was a great little car, handling was deadly and a seriously quality feel. Not a car I'd ever want to own but I can understand why they appeal to some. Some of the modified older versions that were at Blarney last year were very cool too. It's also one of those cars that when you see one in traffic it's shape makes normal cars around it seem even more like bland appliances...the classic mini is another example of that