Thread: E60 D1S, D2S ballast compatibility

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E60 D1S, D2S ballast compatibility

Hi I just ordered new ballasts for my 04 530d adaptive xenon D2S setup.

I ordered part number 2 x 63126907488 which according to realoem are correct for my D2S setup.

What I have received is 2 x 63126937223 which according to realoem are ballasts for a D1S setup.

Can anyone confirm if there is commanality between these 2 part numbers i.e. will these D1S ballasts work in my car?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E60 D1S, D2S ballast compatibility

if memory serves the D1S has an ignitor integrated into the bulb, don't think its the same.

I had a bora that a retrofitted factory xenons to a few years ago and I had to order a ballast for it too. I found the best source was ebay germany.

The german word for ballast is steuergeraet, so model number + steuergeraet should see you sorted for the ballast. Try to get the bosch, or whoever the OEM is model number.

I found that the one for the bora was being used in a litany of other cars and ironically, the same part for a merc was way cheaper, go figure.

Take them out and try them according to this some pre lci e60's with bi-xenon use d1s and d2s

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1955284-2006-530xiT-bi-xenon-D1S-or-D2S-bulbs

Sent them back lads. Best to get the right parts.