Thread: PLEASE HELP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PLEASE HELP

hey guys i have just joined the site today and am not sure if im writing in the correct place but i have a 2002 320d and was driving today in dublin when i heard a rattle inside the bellhousing i assume something has broken in the clutch assembly somewhere. i tried to nurse the car home but lost all drive and the car would not go into gear. does anyone have any idea what may have happened?? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi mike
    hey guys i have just joined the site today and am not sure if im writing in the correct place but i have a 2002 320d and was driving today in dublin when i heard a rattle inside the bellhousing i assume something has broken in the clutch assembly somewhere. i tried to nurse the car home but lost all drive and the car would not go into gear. does anyone have any idea what may have happened?? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Is clutch pedal on the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi mike
    Is clutch pedal on the floor?
    no it still comes back when you push it in. when the tow truck arrived he seemed to drive it onto the truck ok. i was thinking maybe release fork has broken but never been inside a bmw clutch assembly before so im only guessing really.

BMWHaus Guru

Will have to be opened up I assume. Where are you based and maybe we could recommend someone in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Will have to be opened up I assume. Where are you based and maybe we could recommend someone in your area?
    im in ashford in wicklow. the car is in dublin for the weekend so anywhere between would be great. thanks for your help.

BMWHaus Guru

Try some of our fantastic site sponsors. Wicklow and Dublin

http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54

http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=44