Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing from RFTs

BMWHaus Guru

Changing from RFTs

Is it a big deal to switch from RFT's to regular tyres? Are there suspension issues or sensor issues that need to be looked at resetting or anything?

Guy in work drives a 335i with RFTs and is pricing both RFT and regular and is worried that too much work is needed for regular tyres..... I don't think there's any work needed?!?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Changing from RFTs

Sounds like he is just trying to get more money from you

BMWHaus Guru

Changing from RFTs

No, nothing at all

BMWHaus Guru

No no issue at all, he might just have to reset the tire indicator like you would if you got a Puncture.

Biggest issue is the spare, there is none and no place for it so he'll have to get some holts tire weld to have just encase.

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring/breakdown-emergency/breakdown-kits/holts-tyreweld-500ml

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispyfish
    Sounds like he is just trying to get more money from you
    Sorry Paddy read that wrong, I thought the tyre fitter was telling you this :tounge:

BMWHaus Guru

I got rid of the rfts on my f10 ; best thing I ever did ,totally transformed the car .

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Changing from RFTs

Cheers I'll let him know as he's worried he'll be stung or duped into getting sensors etc

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Guru

Changing from RFTs

I got rid of the rfts on my E91 too. Even the mrs commented that the car felt alot better. No spare but have a can of tyre repair as Mackers has above plus a small compressor and a tyre repair kit.

Regards,

Andy

I got rid of them and it transformed the car completely and made it so much more enjoyable to live with. Hobnail boots to Nikes! Tyre weld and a compressor in the boot and joined the AA.

BMWHaus Contributor

Will change mine but i think I'll wait until i get the use out of them. I only checked a week after i had the car and found out they were RFTs :happy: