Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Pay Phone Options..

BMWHaus Contributor

Bill Pay Phone Options..

Right folks, the auld phone contract is up and I need advice on who to go to.

Currently living in Leixlip and with Meteor I'm fed up. Either their signal is just plain shit or else the lads plastering my house threw some lead into the mixture..

I have a Galaxy S3 for circa €30/month but if I could get a Galaxy S5/equivelent new phone I'd pay a few bob more.

By the way data deals are not a huge selling point for me in a contract as I have wifi in work and home and usually dont need much data when I'm out else where.

Suggestions??

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Bill Pay Phone Options..

:tounge:

BMWHaus Guru

Avoid O2 like the plague, that's all I can recommend doing! My contract is up in November myself and I reckon pay as you go with 3 is what I'll go for, but then again data is a selling point for me...!

BMWHaus Contributor

I'm with 3 because theres reception everywhere.but have some issues since getting a Nokia Lumia 930 upgrade.the signal isn't as strong on Nokia compared to my old Samsung s3..gonna go s4 soon..cant fault 3 for signal or support.plus their packages are hard to beat

BMWHaus Contributor

I'm pre pay with meteor, €30 a month with unlimited everything,
    I'm in Lucan and reception is great.
    I got a new galaxy s5, but find it strange to use after an I phone 4 though?
    The wife has a bill phone and my deal is better than hers???

Try this: http://www.callcosts.ie/mobile_phones/Mobile_Calculator.123.LE.asp

I switch between o2 bill-pay and pre-pay every few years. Get onto pre-pay for a few months to get back to "new customer" status where they don't treat you like crap and actually offer good deals on new handsets.

Price wise, I found o2 pre-pay extremely economical, even for relatively heavy business usage. Normally hitting €40/month on pre-pay, including 1.5GB data, and around €62 on bill (2 year contract, iPhone 5). For pre-pay get some of the addon packs, and put a reminder in to buy the top-up within the 30 day window and chose the best free calls/text option for your situation.

Aside: it worked out almost to identical costs (to the euro) to do either: 1) stay on o2 pre-pay and buy sim-free unlocked iPhone 5 at full rates, or 2) go on a 2 year bill-pay o2 contract. (I chose the contract because I didn't need to put the up front investment into the phone.)

BMWHaus Contributor

Avoid all Nokia phones they are a waste.
    Avoid metor. Hidden cost and the charge vat

Iam with Vodafone on a 55Inc vat a month tariff. Great signal ever where.
    I work in a black spot if you own a 085 but 087 clear as day.

If your going with a bill pay ask is ther any hidden charges.

083 is on Vodafone network so signal 100%

I would highly recommend Samsung galaxy s5 or any galaxy's.

I hate iPhone s you need a power station to keep the charged ever day. My s5 is on the go since 8am today 27% until empty

If you're on contract with o2, you will get a call from them every 4-6 months asking if they can help, and usually offering to get you onto a different pay plan to suit your usage better. You will definitely get one before the expiry of your current contract.

About 50% of the time this does not extend your contract, and about 50% of the time it does. Always, always ask "does this affect my contract" before verbally agreeing to any changes to your plan, and state "I do not want to change plan if it affects my contract" (unless it's an awesome offer, of course!)

BMWHaus Guru

Bill Pay Phone Options..

Quote Originally Posted by outofbandii
    If you're on contract with o2, you will get a call from them every 4-6 months asking if they can help, and usually offering to get you onto a different pay plan to suit your usage better. You will definitely get one before the expiry of your current contract.

About 50% of the time this does not extend your contract, and about 50% of the time it does. Always, always ask "does this affect my contract" before verbally agreeing to any changes to your plan, and state "I do not want to change plan if it affects my contract" (unless it's an awesome offer, of course!)
    I've been on bill with O2 for about 10 years I have never recieved a call like this? Their customer service is gone to the dogs. They are too expensive and always find a way of squeezing an extra 10€ out of any subscriber every month. All their plans miss just something eg not enough data just to squeeze a few extra pennies. Only reason I stay is coverage reasons where my home house is in rural Ireland.