Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Budget

Well fuel and motor tax not touched :smiling: (small mercy)

Thoughts on the rest?

http://www.rte.ie/news/budget/keypoints/

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Budget

A load of Bllox they have let us have a few quid to pay some fcker to dig a hole outside your house and fit a meter so they can take even money from from our empty pockets.

BMWHaus Guru

Budget

Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    A load of Bllox they have let us have a few quid to pay some fcker to dig a hole outside your house and fit a meter so they can take even money from from our empty pockets.
    What were you expecting, Merlin the magician to pull €€€ out of his sleeve?

The reality is with approx 120% debt to gdp there is no wiggle room and won't be for years.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    What were you expecting, Merkin the magician to pull €€€ out of his sleeve?

The reality is with approx 120% debt to gdp there is no wiggle room and won't be for years.
    I wasn't expecting anything just wanted a little rant :wink:.

BMWHaus Guru

If anything I think it was a bit generous - economy is not out of the woods yet and they've given away 1BN today.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
    If anything I think it was a bit generous - economy is not out of the woods yet and they've given away 1BN today.
    Yeah think people are all of a sudden think they have money again because their house is worth more. I have noticed a massive difference in work the last 6 months.

BMWHaus Guru

Budget

Agreed, another few year of a balanced cheque book are needed here

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispyfish
    Yeah think people are all of a sudden think they have money again because their house is worth more. I have noticed a massive difference in work the last 6 months.
    Now if we have a happy taxi driver the recessions really over!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    What were you expecting, Merkin the magician to pull €€€ out of his sleeve?

I wasn't expecting anything just wanted a little rant :wink:.
    Rant away. Better out than in.

BMWHaus Contributor

Well one thing I am not happy with is the dressing up as some major give back. Usual FG spin. They are handing small money out to then be given back to irish water. And that gdp is some shite for another day. Whichever way you paint that it's not sustainable whatsoever. But i expect you know that John. It has to be dealt with at some stage by the idiots in Brussels

BMWHaus Guru

To be honest I think it was a bit of a stunt, typical political short sightedness, all they care about in re-election and not the country. I am aware of I.W and realise everyone is still at a net loss, but the country is screwed (another debate on how we got here, but we cant change that) imo we'd best have been best leaving it untouched from last year.

Havent got a chance to look into it in detail, how much was allocated for job creation etc?

What's the deal with restoring the "Christmas Bonus"? Am I the only one that thinks thats madness?!

BMWHaus Contributor

Budget

Yeah way better than expected most on here will see a decent extra few quid a year from income tax reductions

How are people still moaning, water tax was coming either way this pays it for me

I see a 1% reduction in my high rate tax, a 1% reduction in my usc and an extra 1k at the low rate. Plus no petrol increase, motor tax increase or booze increase

Good day if you ask me