Thread: E36 mirrors not working Nct fail?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

E36 mirrors not working Nct fail?

So these have randomly stopped working. Not sure how long ago as I haven't used the adjust in an age. Any ideas of any faults that make em stop? I've loads of spares. Nct is Monday not much time to go through in detail tomorrow. Will they fail Nct? They can still be adjusted by hand if needed.

BMWHaus Guru

Re: RE: E36 mirrors not working Nct fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    So these have randomly stopped working. Not sure how long ago as I haven't used the adjust in an age. Any ideas of any faults that make em stop? I've loads of spares. Nct is Monday not much time to go through in detail tomorrow. Will they fail Nct? They can still be adjusted by hand if needed.
    Mine passed and didn't work

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    Mine passed and didn't work
    Great to know. Iv very pedantic I'll probably have to fix em. I'd say a connection is shit somewhere. Can't see any other reason why they'd just stop. Oxidised connection somewhere I'd say.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E36 mirrors not working Nct fail?

My guess:
    - Fuse
    Or
    - Seized motors inside mirror itself. (Spray a bit of wd40 in behind glass & try to move glass to see if motor will kick start).
    Or
    - Corroded connectors from mirror to harness in door. (Remove door cards & check connectors, plug & unplug a few times to help clear any corroded terminals).
    Or
    - Corroded connectors running from door jamb in to door. (peel back the rubber boot covering the cable harness & pray that you don't see a load of corrosion!)
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Long story fuse blown replaced than smoke from drivers door!!! Loom is fecked think there is a problem with the adjusting switch in drivers door. Need a new loom and then investigations will start. Passed Nct so not that bothered now but want sorted ASAP!