Thread: Wheel Spigot Ring Size ?

Wheel Spigot Ring Size ?

Ok i recently bought a new set of 19s for the m5... ever since i fotted them ive a small vibration at about 60pmh from time to time ..

now i took her to a wheel and tyre place to have her tracked and balanced and the minute they took the front wheel off they said theres your problem right there ...theres no wheel spigots on her..

basically because she is running larger wheel bolts and big ish spacers the spacers dont sit centred and basically have the effect of putting the wheels out of balance a small bit causing my issue

so iam looking on ebay to get a few purchased to solve this problem but iam wondering what size centre bore do i need to buy to sit snuggly onto them ?

i know the spacer sizes vary a lot but if i knew the centre diameter of my hug it would save me buying a load of ones too big or two small lol

thanks in advance !!

RE: Wheel Spigot Ring Size ?

E60 hub size is 72.6mm iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    E60 hub size is 72.6mm iirc
    yea actually just stumbled across that info a few minutes ago and lots of similar feedback about spigots missing

BMWHaus Contributor

You using hub-centric spacers? then you'll need two spigot rings for each wheel, one for hub to spacer and another for spacer to wheel. if you get me?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs
    You using hub-centric spacers? then you'll need two spigot rings for each wheel, one for hub to spacer and another for spacer to wheel. if you get me?
    no just have the ones thqt pro parts supplied with the wheels... i know they not the ideal and ive a feeling ill move to hub-centric down the line... just trying to take the balancing issue associayed with spacers without spigots to the minimum possible