Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheeler Dealers

BMWHaus Contributor

Wheeler Dealers

The two lads are annoying as f@#k, but they're doing a z1 on the next programme. next monday night, discovery channel @21.00. might be worth a gander.

RE: Wheeler Dealers

They will probably make a dogs dinner out of it like most of there cars

Awesome. Gotta love the spray can coming out in the original series

Re: Wheeler Dealers

Watched the e31 episode last night think they made about £600 on it after the work they done

I like the show, Mikes trips to workshops are always interesting and Edd seems to know his stuff. Not sure why everyone gives out about them.

My biggest issue is how little margin they make on most cars, given that their labour is entirely discounted.

BMWHaus Contributor

To be fair 8 grand isn't little Margin..... And I haven't seen one in a good while where the margins have been slim.

Quote Originally Posted by listermint
    To be fair 8 grand isn't little Margin..... And I haven't seen one in a good while where the margins have been slim.
    Most of them are £100-300 profit, with about two grand of labour.

BMWHaus Contributor

Yeah but the show is for people who will put their own time in. Its core really isn't the flipping the cars. Its the journey to restore a car or get a cheap car and restore it yourself.

I like it

BMWHaus Guru

Wheeler Dealers

I think Mike is a twat and always skip his bits. I think I've an hour long episode down to about 18mins.

I like Ed, he seems to be very good at what he does. But as Listermint says it's aimed at the DIYer so who cares what margins are in it!