Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheeler Dealers

RE: Wheeler Dealers

Don't get me wrong - I love the show. Have it series linked and seen many of them several times.

But it's disheartening to see how much work is valued at near zero in terms of the sales price.

BMWHaus Guru

What pisses me off is when they respray a car or when edd polishes up a car nicely and mike just rubs his paws all over it!! Why?? Why must he do that???

Or when he revs the crap out of cold engine.

Discovery now... Z1

BMWHaus Contributor

Anyone watching this? Impressed with the seat dying. Made some difference to them!

BMWHaus Contributor

Just finished watching the Z1 now.

I always enjoy the show. Mike is such a douche and edd is bit of a dork but it's entertainment.

Edd does give handy tips when doing things with I've taken on board.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by outofbandii
    My biggest issue is how little margin they make on most cars, given that their labour is entirely discounted.
    It's entertainment; Pam Anderson's boobs were fake but nobody complained when they were jogging up the beach in Baywatch, so take it with a pinch of salt and enjoy! :tounge:

BMWHaus Contributor

I like the show, I dont mind Mike or Ed but they do make it look a bit too easy... For instance Ed is changing suspension arms in a 25 year old Audi thats spent its life in the UK. He places his nice shiny spanner on the nut and as if by magic it just opens. If that were real life you would have 20 minutes with a gas torch roasting the nut, then another half hour of hanging out of a pull bar until you ring the head of it, then 10 minutes of fucking and blinding, a cup of tea and smoke, finishing off with the angle grinder and lump hammer.

BMWHaus Contributor

That's why Ed China is so great... It's the magic orange gloves

Haha

BMWHaus Contributor

Id say they get Paul to come in and do all the sledging and then Ed takes out the bolt.