Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: E36 coupe Heater issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RE: E36 coupe Heater issue

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Quote Originally Posted by owly
    Still tortured with this. Changed the heater valve still no good replaced thermostat and bleed the system and still no luck flushed the full system still no luck.
    Heater core?
    Theres no leaks and the system was flushed so id say its ok. Im at the stage where im just going to talk out every heater pipe and pipe it direct into the heather rad id have no control over it but least id be warm lol

BMWHaus Contributor

I had the same problems and a new heater matrix was the solution, pig of a job to change but worth it to go from freezing air to roasting hot, it has to be the issue, I even removed my old one and flushed it and it looked fine but still blew cold air till I replaced it with a new one, cost about 30 in the motor factors

BMWHaus Guru

Re: E36 coupe Heater issue

If it is the case it's the core/matrix on the e36 it's handy enough. Take out the glove box. Undo the heater valve. Undo the nut holding the pipe on the engine side of the bulkhead under the windscreen. 3 torx head screws holding the pipe work together. Use something to catch the water and when you remove the pipes the core will slide outward to you. There is no need to remove the full dash or housing for the matrix

Im convinced its not the matrix im going to pipe it direct from the engine rough i know but if i get heat then its some valve stuck or the dial in the car damaged. Id rather a clutch gone any day over this shit lol

Has this car got a cabin filter??

Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo
    Has this car got a cabin filter??
    there is a good blow from the car but its blowing cold i dont think its the filter

Weird today was driving the car and there seems to be some heat when you set it to blow on the windscreen other settings are stone cold tho has me puzzled.

BMWHaus Guru

The driver setting is always cold to prevent you from falling asleep but you should have hot air to the windscreen and feet.

You'll notice a blue colour near the driver setting. I thought there was something wrong with my car too at first but it's how they are

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    The driver setting is always cold to prevent you from falling asleep but you should have hot air to the windscreen and feet.

You'll notice a blue colour near the driver setting. I thought there was something wrong with my car too at first but it's how they are
    Lol are you serious i dont know weather to believe you or taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36

That is not correct.