Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: body shops

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

body shops

I'm looking to get a few small bits of body work done. the nearer meath the better (dublin kildare etc) anyone any recommendations ? looking for back arches to be fixed (small rust issue) and resprayed

BMWHaus Guru

RE: body shops

It's a tough one especially with paint... Everyone has their own guy/shop nearly, but everyone's standards are different and even with your usual place/shop there might be a different guy there.... so the paint would be to a different standard! I have used Gordon Barron near fairyhouse, but I have used Alan in Motoworld off Long Mile Road. Both happy enough with the work, but their prices, respectively, vary too.

BMWHaus Guru

i know I've got quotas between 2-500 for the arches so hard to know

BMWHaus Guru

Re: body shops

With rust I'd definitely be looking for someone who's going to cut it out and weld in the correct gauge steel shaped to match the arch rather than someone who's going to stuff the holes with filler! Not sure how bad the arch is mind you, could it be brought back to metal? I know Cab has been dabbling with some paint recently actually so could be worth giving him a shout!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    With rust I'd definitely be looking for someone who's going to cut it out and weld in the correct gauge steel shaped to match the arch rather than someone who's going to stuff the holes with filler! Not sure how bad the arch is mind you, could it be brought back to metal? I know Cab has been dabbling with some paint recently actually so could be worth giving him a shout!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2
    its only surface rust i just want to get it sorted before i do need to get metal cut out. actually found a friend of my uncles who's going to do it for a good price and I've seen his work on my uncles cars you'd swear they were never touched! so hopefully get it in within the next month now

BMWHaus Guru

body shops

I have a guy near Ashbourne I use and he has sorted arches for me on my E36. I can give you his details.

He just did some work on this

Regards,

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I have a guy near Ashbourne I use and he has sorted arches for me on my E36. I can give you his details.

He just did some work on this

Regards,

Andy
    So nice...

BMWHaus Guru

^ whats his name this guy is actually near ashbour to if you can pm me if you want cheers

BMWHaus Guru

body shops

He is on the old N2, Daniel McCann (087) 277 7788

Regards,

Andy

BMWHaus Guru

yep think thats the guy