Thread: HELP LOOKING FOR A NICE TOURING PLEASE???

BMWHaus Contributor

HELP LOOKING FOR A NICE TOURING PLEASE???

As above gents, my brother in law who was in the bike accident has asked me for my help to find another touring after he had to sell the e46 320d touring as it was manual and he was in hospital for a few weeks and is still getting better.
    He has lost the use of his left arm so an auto is a must, it will be getting modified by a company that caters for people with disabilities, he wants another touring, for bikes/kids, diesel would be nice and a sport, but not a must, and dosent want to go over 4k so I'm looking for 320d tourings for about 4500. I'm not crazy on 4 cylinder petrol as although I have one, hear nothing but horror story's about, and don't want the guy sitting at the side of the road in one!
    A bmw would be nice as he loved the last one, but not a must.
    Thanks for any help/input/suggestions in advance men,
    Cheers, mick.
    Also available on the blower, 0861938880.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: HELP LOOKING FOR A NICE TOURING PLEASE MEN?

I've got few cars adapted by a company down in tullamore if your still looking for a place to adapt it

he can get money back vet/vat if he applies trough a certain forum i can get you the name if you want?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: HELP LOOKING FOR A NICE TOURING PLEASE MEN?

I think he has that end sorted mate, I just want to put the word out I'm in the market for a nice auto touring if one came up.
    I'll say it to him anyway, cheers

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: HELP LOOKING FOR A NICE TOURING PLEASE???

Honda Accord on dd? Are the diesels good?

BMWHaus Contributor

Ive heard the Honda diesel engines give loads of trouble.

BMWHaus Contributor

Found a Volvo 2003 in gal way fully loaded with 57k on it.
    Gonna head down and collect it for him sometime this week, then it has to be adapted to drive with one hand.i know it's 03 but it's only over a full service with t/b and at 57k, it won't need much for the future,
    My brother in law is happy, that's the main thing and glad to be able to do something for him, he's after having a hard time this year.

BMWHaus Contributor

Sorted, got him a 4 door rav 4 Toyota, he needs something that is taller to get in and out with his back. IT'S a 2.0 auto and it's crazy because he can only use 1 arm and the lady we bought it off only had 1 arm!!!
    Nuts or what???