Thread: E60 advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E60 advice

The father is looking to change car at the moment he wants to spend around 10k.

Wants a 2.0 litre diesel preferably but he would consider a petrol main thing is he does not want to go over the 2.0 litre engine size.

He would like something with under 100k if possible or close to 100 and a minimum of 2006 if possible.

Is this reasonable with his price range?

I have had a look on donedeal and seems that 520d msport, 2006 models with around 100-140k are making this kind of money. I just don't know what to look out for are there any things to look out for or be wary of or steer well clear of?

He has been looking at e class mercs and E60 bmw.

He much prefers the E60 looks and is much more swayed towards that and I think he is right better looking car by far.

Any suggestions from any of you who know what kind of engines are best what year etc ?

Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks for looking

Re: E60 advice

Smallest e60 petrol engine is 2.2 so you can rule that out

You can however get an e90 2.0 petrol

Agh I see cheers I didn't know that well he would probly still go for one as the tax is still around 710e I think
    He wouldn't go over the 2.2 though he's just tryna keep the tax cost down and fuel consumption more than anything..
    Would 10k buy aan E90 msport?

994 euro for 2.2 tax per year

520d's are probably the dearest e60 you can buy after the 535d but if he buys an se over a sport he should get one around 25% cheaper maybe even more

Extremely common problem is timing chain failure on them so budget it into the price or if you could get one that had it done even better

Other common failures on them are dpf's and idrive (this was fixed in later models)

Im sure some owners can give you more info on them as i know little about e60's and even less about diesels

Have a flick through this http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/84323-e60-buying-guide-help-needed/

B@$t@d tax thanks for the advice ill have a look through that with him aswell see what he thinks

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: E60 advice

E90 sport should buy , 320d would be nice choice i would say .depends on mileage he will do ,but not 320i :hehe!:

E60 advice

N47 2 litre derv engine in pre 2007 model e60's had no timing chain issues if I recall correctly.

As a guide I sold my 2005 e60 se 520d for 6500 3 moths ago and that seemed average money. Mind had full leather.