Thread: Fuel pump woes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

RE: Fuel pump woes

Quote Originally Posted by satumashirt611
    I bought a e39 few weeks ago that had same symptoms.the guy couldn't start it.he tried everything.i bought it for a parts car but when I bought it the battery was very low so I removed and fitted mine the next day.thr car started first turn and runs perfect .been told bad batterys can cause issues too.
    I put a new varta battery in it about 3 months ago. Cranked it all day sunday no problem. It was driving at really low power rather than just totally going that why I originally thought fuel pump but it isn't that.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Fuel pump woes

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    Quote Originally Posted by satumashirt611
    I bought a e39 few weeks ago that had same symptoms.the guy couldn't start it.he tried everything.i bought it for a parts car but when I bought it the battery was very low so I removed and fitted mine the next day.thr car started first turn and runs perfect .been told bad batterys can cause issues too.
    I put a new varta battery in it about 3 months ago. Cranked it all day sunday no problem. It was driving at really low power rather than just totally going that why I originally thought fuel pump but it isn't that.
    Sorry lads missed the two posts prior to James'.
    It has 1/2 a tank of petrol. I put a new cam sensor in it about 5 months ago. Was a meyle one iirc. Would the cam really stop the fuel pump getting it's 12 volts though? When the cam sensor did fail it it before would run and just die if I didn' rev the bollocks out of it. It was running reallly really well that's why I'm stumped???
    [hr]
    Thanks for the replies too it only done 53 miles since passing the NCT that annoys me more