Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Penalty points for no nct even when booked?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Penalty points for no nct even when booked?

Heard on a radio advert this morning that this is coming in from December onwards. But can't seem to find any info on it online. Basically stated that how it is at the minute that if you have it booked you can drive will be no more.

It didn't clarify whether this included retests but did go to the trouble of saying that it is possible to book in advance of your nct expiring but that test centers are very busy.

Anyone else hear or have any info on this? In what way is this a revision of the current stance?

RE: Penalty points for no nct even when booked?

thought that was case already. Ive been up in court for having no nct though i had booking for retest on phone. As prosecuting gaurd said technically without valid nct disc car is deemed unroadworthy, tis easy have a booking on phone and keep rebooking dates

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by shaunokeeffe
    thought that was case already. Ive been up in court for having no nct though i had booking for retest on phone. As prosecuting gaurd said technically without valid nct disc car is deemed unroadworthy, tis easy have a booking on phone and keep rebooking dates
    I'm not sure Shaun, I always assumed it was a digression thing with the garda at the time or that it was something that was accepted but not necessarily legal.
    [hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    A wiser move would be to scrap the nct centre and do the test in a garage like the mot's it would spread the workload keep garages busy and cut the waiting times
    Yeah but this being Ireland we outsourced it to a non indigenous company

Re: Penalty points for no nct even when booked?

A wiser move would be to scrap the nct centre and do the test in a garage like the mot's it would spread the workload keep garages busy and cut the waiting times

Re: RE: Penalty points for no nct even when booked?

What was the outcome in court ? If you proved you had it booked

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    What was the outcome in court ? If you proved you had it booked
    Large fine, had paperwork showing what it failed and and brought in pass sheet too.

BMWHaus Contributor

It it takes over two months waiting time to get a booking how can they enforce this, until the waiting times are sorted.

I just checked there My Convertible that I just bought, I am waiting for the new log book to arrive nct is up on 14 November but the first available date for a nct is November 18th

BMWHaus Contributor

The joys of having a friend that work in the nct centre

I may not get a free pass but I do get a test time straight away

BMWHaus Contributor

my nct is out since march,booked it in February and got a test in july,had to cancel the july one as had a death in the family and booked it again,the date I got was 4th of November..im driving the car all the time and have a print out for the guards if im stopped,hope they accept it as proof but either way theres too long to wait,should be done in garage like mot.so much hassle waiting,my bookings were done online so I would have proof in case I was stopped..if that new law comes in they would need to book tests 4 months in advance so as not to be liable for penalty points..very stupid ..

BMWHaus Guru

I have a look at the RSA site and can't see anything about this. :huh: