Thread: End to the Paper Tax Disc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

End to the Paper Tax Disc

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/01/bye-bye-paper-tax-disc/

The paper car tax disc has had a very good innings, but it's finally come to the end of its life. Presented proudly by UK motorists for more than 90 years, those circular bits of paper have today officially been replaced by an electronic register. What does that mean for you? Well, you'll still need to pay for your tax the same way each year, but you'll no longer need to fix the disc to your windscreen, even if it's still yet to expire. Authorities can't now physically check you've paid, instead they'll fully rely on the hundreds of thousands of ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) cameras that adorn Britain's roads. Considering replacement tax discs (well, forgetting to renew them) cost British motorists more than £7 million a year, some might be glad to see them gone. However, the government now allows you to pay by direct debit and "velologists" (tax disc collectors) might pay a pretty penny to get their hands on one of the last ever discs, as long as you've kept it in top notch condition.

BMWHaus Guru

End to the Paper Tax Disc

Paperless windscreen, brilliant. I hope the lemmings that run this country will follow suit.
    Unfortunately there's not enough ANPR cameras here to make it work.

Re: End to the Paper Tax Disc

Direct debit tax would be handy but considering its only around 200 to tax a v8 for the year not really needed

England sickens me with there cheap tax

Anyway we only copy all the things from england that screw us over we never take any of the stuff that might actually help or give us a break

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: End to the Paper Tax Disc

England dosent sicken me with cheap tax, fair play to them,
    The problems they have with other religions and cultures that want to live there and give out about them and screw their system sickens me, I'd hate that shit???

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by MICK FORAN
    The problems they have with other religions and cultures that want to live there and give out about them and screw their system sickens me, I'd hate that s***???
    no joke they are taking over europe , i have to put up with them all the time even this morning during a dissection they insist on wearing hijabs even though they aren't tight and the end of it falls onto open cadavers , annoys the shit out of me and then give out to me for having a drink at the weekend , even though they are high as fucking kites 24/7 ,
    I'm by no means a racist but certain religions seem to think its there god given right to do as they please, it is the one thing i love about ireland none of that crap to deal with

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Steve320
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK FORAN
    The problems they have with other religions and cultures that want to live there and give out about them and screw their system sickens me, I'd hate that s***???
    no joke they are taking over europe , i have to put up with them all the time even this morning during a dissection they insist on wearing hijabs even though they aren't tight and the end of it falls onto open cadavers , annoys the s*** out of me and then give out to me for having a drink at the weekend , even though they are high as f****** kites 24/7 ,
    I'm by no means a racist but certain religions seem to think its there god given right to do as they please, it is the one thing i love about ireland none of that crap to deal with
    Clandestine invasion?

BMWHaus Contributor

Well that escalated quickly haha!!

Cant see this happening here for a while yet, all our government will be thinking about is how much money theyll lose out on on the spot fines for not displaying a current tax disc!!

Lads, please give it a rest with the religious crap - plenty other sites for it, this ain't one of them.