Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is coding in Dublin now?

BMWHaus Contributor

Who is coding in Dublin now?

So I used to use Mick for all coding but recent texts have gone unanswered and his FB page has him in Cork so I'm assuming his Dublin work is not on the go any more.

I need somebody to code an E60. It has folding mirrors and he wants it coded so the auto fold on locking and auto open on unlocking. Nice set up as it also has the LED downlighters built into the mirror from factory, something I haven't seen on an E60 before.

RE: Who is coding in Dublin now?

Cant understand why this option was not ticked from the factory its a pain and nobody ever remembers to fold them in

BMWHaus Guru

Hi Keith, I have NCS Expert, etc... and have coded some options on my own car so that's the level of my experience. If you are really stuck I am happy to give it a go for you.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Cant understand why this option was not ticked from the factory its a pain and nobody ever remembers to fold them in
    I actually don't see the point in the auto fold option unless you are parking in tight spaces all the time. I rarely fold my own mirrors. Surely using the auto fold option will eventually wear out the motors anyway??

BMWHaus Guru

Who is coding in Dublin now?

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    I actually don't see the point in the auto fold option unless you are parking in tight spaces all the time. I rarely fold my own mirrors. Surely using the auto fold option will eventually wear out the motors anyway??
    The very opposite Shane, you should use them regularly to stop the motors seizing. Have seen it happen a lot on ///Ms!

BMWHaus Guru

Never thought of that Conor:idea:

BMWHaus Guru

The way you set this up with the key you don't have to fold them every time, it's a click & hold of the lock button, so you can choose when you want to fold them.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    The way you set this up with the key you don't have to fold them every time, it's a click & hold of the lock button, so you can choose when you want to fold them.
    That's what I thought too as my sisters E90 had that as a factory setting by but this E60 doesn't function the same. Tried it myself to make sure.
    [hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiem74
    Hi Keith, I have NCS Expert, etc... and have coded some options on my own car so that's the level of my experience. If you are really stuck I am happy to give it a go for you.
    Thanks Eddie, may take you up on this offer if I can't get someone

Did you try Joe Power Keith?

He is just off the N7 at Rathcoole / Newcastle.

Here's his number: 0879113843

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cormac79
    Did you try Joe Power Keith?

He is just off the N7 at Rathcoole / Newcastle.

Here's his number: 0879113843
    He is more of a remapper Cormac. What I need for this is somebody that codes functions onto the cars ecu using the BMW software.

I didn't think Joe done this type of thing tbh but as you say, no harm asking him.