Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changing grey leather to black leather 525 import

Changing grey leather to black leather 525 import

http://www.gumtree.com/p/bmw/bmw-525i-m-sport-%C2%A31850-ono/1081897169

I'm looking at this 525i in the UK. It's well priced and looks clean and is the colour, price and mileage that I am searching for. Only thing is it has grey leather ......I don't personally like the grey but would be prepared to search for black leather seats m sports seats in good condition and fit them

I'm wondering would this ruin the interior look as the trim is in grey also...any thoughts folks?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Changing grey leather to black leather 525 import

That's lovely, no fan of the grey but I reckon after time you would actually like it.

BMWHaus Contributor

that's a nice looking car and the interior looks great with the body colour.i reckon you would get used of it..wouldn't be a fan of grey but in that car it looks nice and in great condition

Quote Originally Posted by satumashirt611
    that's a nice looking car and the interior looks great with the body colour.i reckon you would get used of it..wouldn't be a fan of grey but in that car it looks nice and in great condition
    It is a lovely car and a good price. I'm really keen on black though! Think it would look odd though if I retrofitted black leather

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Greenbush
    Quote Originally Posted by satumashirt611
    It is a lovely car and a good price. I'm really keen on black though! Think it would look odd though if I retrofitted black leather
    if ya buy it and don't like the interior I might buy it of ya,i bought a se lately for a parts car but its too good to break,has shit grey cloth se seats,your leather would be nice in it or you could dye the leather black and keep it.

I'm not normally a fan of grey leather, But I like that... Suites the E39.

If you were going to change to black, Do it properly... Dash/Carpet/Seatbelts/Doorcards and seats... It would look odd with black leather and light doorcards... And if you change the doorcards it won't match the dash.

I presume there similar to an E46, If so it's not that difficult to remove the interior.... Hardest part would be the carpet around the heater matrix.

Finding black leather will be the easy part the hard part will be changing the entire interior to match it will look very odd if you just swap seats

Quote Originally Posted by BMW
    I'm not normally a fan of grey leather, But I like that... Suites the E39.

If you were going to change to black, Do it properly... Dash/Carpet/Seatbelts/Doorcards and seats... It would look odd with black leather and light doorcards... And if you change the doorcards it won't match the dash.

I presume there similar to an E46, If so it's not that difficult to remove the interior.... Hardest part would be the carpet around the heater matrix.
    How easy is that to do...change the whole interior cards etc? I'm new to all this to be honest!

That car is sold btw but I'll keep searching.

Id keep searching to be honest if your going trough the hassle of bringing one in from the uk it may as well be one you like entirely that wont need bits swapped

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Id keep searching to be honest if your going trough the hassle of bringing one in from the uk it may as well be one you like entirely that wont need bits swapped
    100% Gar