Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance

BMWHaus Contributor

Insurance

The time of year has come around again guys. renewal came in the post for the evo a few days ago. Just over €1200 which I will not pay.
    I aint 17 no more. Another reason is iv had 2 previos m3's at a younger age with cheaper insurance, also I was insured on the m5 for about 300 more.

Anybody have any experience with a certain company for insurance on an m3?

Im 26, full 5+ years ncb, no claims etc
    Living in a nice are of north Dublin, car parked in an underground carpark every night.

I am currently with one direct through aviva

Thanks

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Insurance

In my experience, Aviva give the highest premiums I've ever come across. They quoted me 2700euro for my 335i. I'm 35 no claims ever since I started driving at 19 and no points blah blah blah the usual. Shopped around and went with AXA directly for 545euro. Some difference!! I have actually never just renewed a policy on my daily, I always end up every year having to shop around just to keep it in-or-around the same amount.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    In my experience, Aviva give the highest premiums I've ever come across. They quoted me 2700euro for my 335i. I'm 35 no claims ever since I started driving at 19 and no points blah blah blah the usual. Shopped around and went with AXA directly for 545euro. Some difference!! I have actually never just renewed a policy on my daily, I always end up every year having to shop around just to keep it in-or-around the same amount.
    That's a serious drop! Would aviva drop at all once they heard that?

BMWHaus Contributor

Gave axa a call. They want 2000.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    That's a serious drop! Would aviva drop at all once they heard that?
    No they wouldn't, in fact they wanted an extra 100euro in interest fees if I paid monthly.

Unfortunately, it was in the news at the end of Q2 this year, that anyone renewing in Q3 and Q4 will be hit with higher premiums as the industry recorded a loss in profits and increased claims etc.....

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gitzer
    Gave axa a call. They want 2000.
    By the sounds of it, you'd be better off buying a shitbox clio or something, insuring that as your daily and take out a classic policy on the Evo..... Probably work out considerably cheaper than shelling out 2k+ on insuring the Evo as the daily. Continue to shop around though, I heard AA at the moment are cheaper than most, girl in work got hers with AA for a lot cheaper than her own renewal, and cheaper than other quotes online.

BMWHaus Guru

Just sell it to me, problem solved.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispyfish
    Just sell it to me, problem solved.
    That could be on the cards...the way the central bank wants to fuck us over with regards to mortgage applications now!

BMWHaus Guru

Insurance

E46 M3: im with Liberty fully comp for €800 - 27 with 7 yrs NCB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

How about you buying & insuring you GFs car with her as a named driver then get a classic policy for the M3 ?