Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insurance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Insurance

Funny enough I got my renewal in yesterday, €850, €150 more than I payed last year and last year was €50 more than I paid the previous year. I'm 24, 6 maybe 7 years ncb, no points and driving an e34 520i. Scumbags.

BMWHaus Contributor

24. 4 years ncb. No points. My premium went up twice in the last two years but managed to get it down on both occasion. Liberty refused to renew my policy on the 330i. I did swap my insurance mid summer from the 316i to the 330i for an extra 56e per month with I didn't mind. But they will not renew the 330i policy as iam under 30 and the car is between 225 to 250 horsepower

No body will quote me so iam forced to sell.

Insurance is on the rise for everyone from what I have seen and heard

BMWHaus Guru

Yeah its all on the up, GFs went up about €150 since last year. Rang around and was quoted up to €1900 was originally paying €550.

BMWHaus Contributor

Funny the way when your below the age of 25 an insurance company always say 'we cant insure you on this vehicle due to you being under the age of 25'.

Now that I am 26 the new excuse is 'we cannot insure you on this vehicle due to you being under the age of 30' haha

When does it end

BMWHaus Guru

Are they not obliged to quote you once you own the vehicle?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Are they not obliged to quote you once you own the vehicle?
    Only the current company you are insured with. Not any others that you are looking for a quote from.

BMWHaus Contributor

AFAIK if you get three written quote refusals you have to be quoted by a fourth company. I'm not 100% sure on the specifics but I'm certain there is something with three refusals, hopefully this'll jog somebody else's memory

BMWHaus Contributor

Getting a quote isnt the issue. I have my renewal from my current insurer which is 1206. I just refuse to pay that so have been ringing around. No other company has come close. Best iv gotten is from axa. They quoted me 1500. I have gotten my current insurer down to 980 so its not looking to bad.

BMWHaus Guru

Insurance companies seem to pull these numbers out of their asses.... That or they pull a giant lever, and numbers spin and whatever they settle on, that's what they tell ya

I've gotten everything from "we don't insure this car" to random 4 digit quotes, was with Liberty last year which was 650 or there abouts and come renewal time they wanted 1200, talked them down to 850 but they couldn't go lower, so I took my business elsewhere. Axa gave me by far the best quote at 545 for the year so that's what I went for. Shopping around is absolutely essential!

BMWHaus Contributor

Ye where they get their figures from really boggles me.

Like for example I got a quote of 650 for the year for my e38 2.8. I paid 650 last year on an accord euro r 2.2.
    Whats their reasoning behind this? The whole excuse of 'engine size' is obviously a load of my back aside going by the above excuse.