Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: X5 Crew Cab Conversion

RE: X5 Crew Cab Conversion

another point as well i don't think talking about stuff like this on a public forum is the smartest thing in the first place, whats not to say a member of the garda or customs is not having a snoop around and passing the info on.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG
    Guards lifted a few commercial jeeps down the road from me last Saturday night. Road check and were only stopping commercial jeeps with man and woman in it. Then off on the back of a lorry. They are going to crack down hard on this I'd say. When you sign the declaration you state that you will only use it for commercial purposes
    This gonna be fixed same as different CC log books ,for sure !
    I heard the current swoop is for falsely declared commercial vehicles ie. commercial but with 5 seats and not classed as crew cabs etc

I don't know what I'd do if I got stopped at a checkpoint. All my work gear is on the car, boot but I'm insured to carry passengers also ??

i went viewing a load of Range rovers on Monday gone and the dealers are defo pushing this crew cab thing... i just said that its a fine idea till your stopped and your not a businessman and then your goosed and they quickly admitted that yes that would be a problem ...

i ended up buying a passenger 06 Vogue and it had 5 months tax left so for all the hassle its worth ive budgeted in to put another 6 month on her when that expires and ill be comfortible in the knowledge iam above board

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by DamienOS
    i went viewing a load of Range rovers on Monday gone and the dealers are defo pushing this crew cab thing... i just said that its a fine idea till your stopped and your not a businessman and then your goosed and they quickly admitted that yes that would be a problem ...

i ended up buying a passenger 06 Vogue and it had 5 months tax left so for all the hassle its worth ive budgeted in to put another 6 month on her when that expires and ill be comfortible in the knowledge iam above board
    Yeah you have to make the decision to suit your personal needs at the end of the day. My crew cab spends 99% of the time with me in it alone and on building sites but I'm not a hypocrite, I do carry a pass ever every now and again.

Any pics of the RR?

Quote Originally Posted by kceire
    Quote Originally Posted by DamienOS

Yeah you have to make the decision to suit your personal needs at the end of the day. My crew cab spends 99% of the time with me in it alone and on building sites but I'm not a hypocrite, I do carry a pass ever every now and again.

Any pics of the RR?
    collecting it Saturday so ill throw one up then mate !

Anyone know the phone number for the crowd that do the conversions, I'm looking at an 06 x5 but will only buy if I can convert it to 5 seat comm, have vat no and enough employee to cover. Also anyone have any idea how much to replace driver front and side air bags( both front and rear side bags on the X5?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrick09
    Anyone know the phone number for the crowd that do the conversions, I'm looking at an 06 x5 but will only buy if I can convert it to 5 seat comm, have vat no and enough employee to cover. Also anyone have any idea how much to replace driver front and side air bags( both front and rear side bags on the X5?
    Donedeal has a lot of companies that do it. You just have to call one that's close to you.

Beware buying a passenger SUV.
    I bought a 08 landcruiser 8 seater.
    Nct'd and taxed privately.
    Irish vehicle from new.
    One owner.
    I carried out the crew cab thing.
    All 100% by the book.
    Turned out the jeep was a commercial vehicle and I had to pay 3k vrt on it to convert it!

BMWHaus Contributor

It'll be fun while it lasts and then there'll be a big crackdown, just like all the beemers with 2 litre tax and they'll start seizing left right and centre until people stop doing it.

We all hate paying the huge car tax, but there's just no way around it, as much as I'd love one.

I for one would love to see the introduction of monthly tax. I know this would be an administrative nightmare for the Government, but it would make big engined cars, especially hobby cars, much more appealing. I'd love to pop a months tax on the M3 now and again when I'm in the mood for it. Rather than taxing by the quarter and not using it for large periods of time!

Quote Originally Posted by nige
    It'll be fun while it lasts and then there'll be a big crackdown, just like all the beemers with 2 litre tax and they'll start seizing left right and centre until people stop doing it.

We all hate paying the huge car tax, but there's just no way around it, as much as I'd love one.

I for one would love to see the introduction of monthly tax. I know this would be an administrative nightmare for the Government, but it would make big engined cars, especially hobby cars, much more appealing. I'd love to pop a months tax on the M3 now and again when I'm in the mood for it. Rather than taxing by the quarter and not using it for large periods of time!
    I taxed the m5 June-August.
    Drove it to Dublin once and Galway races for the week.
    Total 585 miles.
    €511.
    Fully comp insurance, €585.