Thread: Sunroof issue

BMWHaus Contributor

Sunroof issue

I'm hoping someone might have some experience with this, my aftermarket electric sunroof is not closing properly, I can get it closed perfectly manually so I'm looking to disconnect the power from it till I get it sorted, I have checked the fuse board and I can't see it, any ideas how to remove power please?

RE: Sunroof issue

Quote Originally Posted by nigzcurran
    I'm hoping someone might have some experience with this, my aftermarket electric sunroof is not closing properly, I can get it closed perfectly manually so I'm looking to disconnect the power from it till I get it sorted, I have checked the fuse board and I can't see it, any ideas how to remove power please?
    Just disconnect the wiring at fhe back of the switch

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: Sunroof issue

Sounds too easy! Oil give it a try so, nice one

BMWHaus Contributor

No joy on that, I removed the switch but there is still power going to the motor, it has an auto close function that I'm tryin to disable by removing the power, probably have to remove the headliner to get at the motor unless anyone knows how to disconnect from the battery end of things?

BMWHaus Contributor

Sunroof issue

Is it an e46? Not a big job to lower the headliner to get at it I'll help you do it if ya want nige

Also any pics? Never seen an aftermarket sun roof before

BMWHaus Contributor

Cheers for the offer boss, I'm tryin to figure out how to post the video of the offending sunroof but cant see any option?