How is it for clearance if you were to open the door & jump out before the car was sent over a cliff? :tounge:

On a more serious note, BMW is in the business of making a profit & someone in Germany obviously saw the market for such a vehicle, all the e46 & e90 owners that started to have a few kids looking for a people carrier type vehicle. It is a pity that the world is driven by profit but that's just an fact of life.
If it means we get more cars like the 6 Series Grand Coupe, the M4 & M5 then we just gotta live with it. There's still plenty of desirable used BMW icons out there still available to buy so that will ease the "pain" a bit. Even cars like the e39 have become something desirable despite all the newer more modern equivalents out there. I had not been in my e39 for about 4-5 weeks & it is still a great car, I can't believe I was thinking of changing it, and it's not the first time I considered such a move. Each time all it takes is a short journey in it and I realise it is one of BMW's finest moments. I've mine almost 9 years.
So roll on the boring 2 Series Active Tourers, sales can fund the ///M cars & other exciting mošels.