Thread: Free NCT test

BMWHaus Guru

Free NCT test

On the waiting list? Saw this elsewhere thought it might be helpful.

From the NCT Customer charter
    http://www.ncts.ie/customer_charter.html

"4.Ensure that the average lead time for an appointment at an individual test centre is less than three weeks and no greater than four weeks. The customer will be provided with a test free of charge where an appointment cannot be offered within a four week period provided that:

• The Customer has not declined a test appointment (either confirmed or provisional) more than twice, at a centre of their choosing, for the test due at this time

• The Customer has not previously accepted a booking outside of the 4 week period."

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Free NCT test

Quote Originally Posted by Venom

"4.Ensure that the average lead time for an appointment at an individual test centre is less than three weeks and no greater than four weeks. The customer will be provided with a test free of charge where an appointment cannot be offered within a four week period provided that:

• The Customer has not declined a test appointment (either confirmed or provisional) more than twice, at a centre of their choosing, for the test due at this time

• The Customer has not previously accepted a booking outside of the 4 week period."
    Great stuff, just after emailing them there. I have a 2 month wait for the wife's car.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by John_D
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom

Great stuff, just after emailing them there. I have a 2 month wait for the wife's car.

I'm going to look into a refund myself.

Re: Free NCT test

You can only get a refund if you specifically asked for a date within the allowance and if they cant supply then your test is free

If you just rang up or booked online and accepted the date they offered then you wont get a refund

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    You can only get a refund if you specifically asked for a date within the allowance and if they cant supply then your test is free

If you just rang up or booked online and accepted the date they offered then you wont get a refund
    Saves me writing an email or making a pointless call. Cheers Gar.