Thread: Overpriced car dealers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Overpriced car dealers

Bit of background first. My E39 is going off the road and in for paint at the end of the month. So I decided to have a look around for something for the winter, the Merc is just too small when there's more then two people in it. So off down to the local motor mall (old airport road between Swords and Santry) to have a look at what's on offer. I figured this would be an easy job because I'm not looking for anything extravagant or rare. A petrol 5 door hatchback or estate with a bit of nct around €3000.

Boy was I wrong. Nothing but sh1t, and overpriced sh1t at that.

My God why is it so hard to find anything worth spending money on and that's when the sales Man will even be bothered to ask if there's anything he can do to help.

I know I'm not spending a fortune (have to keep some in reserve for the painter), but does it have to be so difficult to find something.

And don't get me started on private sellers on donedeal or carzone. Four people I rang off carzone today. None of the ads were more than two weeks old, but every one of them the car was sold and they hadn't bothered to take the ad down. One guy even got a bit annoyed with me because I woke him up when I rang.

Surely somebody out there knows of a half decent 5 door hatchback or estate with a bit of NCT for around €3k.

BMWHaus Guru

Overpriced car dealers

Not a hatch but decent car and easy resale I would think. Tax too

http://www.carrollandmcauley.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=1140633

Regards,

Andy

BMWHaus Contributor

Overpriced car dealers

BMWHaus Contributor

Overpriced car dealers

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Overpriced car dealers

None of them are 5 door f or kids?

BMWHaus Contributor

There is a nice black Mitsubishi Lancer estate 2005 for sale in an ad in the shop beside my house I can get you the number if you like I think it's 1.6 though, spotless, I see the lady dropping her kids to school in the morn in it,
    For an estate it looks nice and sporty, factory sporty not scanger sporty :-)
    I will get back to you I don't know the price
    Mick
    I think your nuts buying anything from a dealer especially where you were looking, they are a bleedin joke! They know nothing about the cars they sell? All bought from auctions and other people's trade ins that are ropey.

Thanks for all the replies lads. Going to have a look at a merc estate. Wish me luck.

Mick, if you could get the number for that lancer, that would be great.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin
    Thanks for all the replies lads. Going to have a look at a merc estate. Wish me luck.

Mick, if you could get the number for that lancer, that would be great.
    I went over and the car is gone sorry dude, I'm lookin for an auto estate too