Thread: The New Website

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

The New Website

Folks,

Some of you will have noticed; but we updated the software / layout of the site recently.
    Partly down to an issue which I created messing with one of the configuration files which resulted in the website not being able to format the data receiving during the registration process corretly and people couldnt process orders as a result....that spurred on the changes, that I wanted to do anyways; so a kick in the arse to go and do it! And now its done, but under totally different circumstances than planned, due to having to rebuild from scratch, rather than transfer! Ah well!

Anyways; just looking for some feed back; on the look and the feel of the new site. It is essentially laid out the same, with all the stock being in the same categories etc.
    Pop over and see what you think ---> Detailing Shed

There's a few additional features that I plan to introduce in time, but one that is active now, is the Product Review section.
    If there was a product that you were particularly impressed by, or pleased with; or indeed the opposite...please fill out a review - helps us know what you guys are happy or not happy about; and also doing a good deed for your fellow detailing buddies - what to buy or steer clear of!!

Appreciate your time!
    Dave

BMWHaus Guru

RE: The New Website

I did get a new work PC last week and had to configure a few things, I haven't had a problem with other sites, so it's possibly my PC in work, but none of the logos or icons or pictures are displaying, just the text! I don't have an option to display these when I right-click the mouse over the non-displayed pictures either. But as mentioned I haven't had this with any other website!?!

Administrator

What browser Paddy?
    Is it working OK on your current PC? and can you let me know if its the same when you can check again - last week we were in the process of doing a lot of chopping and changing, and it may have been a result of that!

I know on IE, the logo is a bit squashed, but who uses IE anymore! :P

Also, another bit of feedback is from people who would have browsed on a mobile device previously; you should have a much nicer/easier experience going forward!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Curran
    What browser Paddy?
    Is it working OK on your current PC? and can you let me know if its the same when you can check again - last week we were in the process of doing a lot of chopping and changing, and it may have been a result of that!

I know on IE, the logo is a bit squashed, but who uses IE anymore! :P

Also, another bit of feedback is from people who would have browsed on a mobile device previously; you should have a much nicer/easier experience going forward!
    Using Chrome, I opened other sites and no issue, went back to yours and it was the same, so I closed it and reopened it and the logos and pictures came up!

BMWHaus Guru

Don't think I can login? Unless I have completely forgot my password?

Same here. Can't login.

Shows message:
    There is 1 error

Authentication failed.

Administrator

Sorry lads...cant find a solution as yet to transfer previous log in data!

BMWHaus Guru

Re: The New Website

I re-registered on the site! It didn't recognise my email first of all but seems to work now after re-registering.

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Guru

Hi Dave, maybe just me but was looking at the site on the phone this morning and noticed that the categories option on the main page did not show all options whereas if I chose the categories option in the footer link it did.

Not sure if an issue or not? Using android and chrome browser.

Administrator

Yes, I dont have all the categories set up on the top of the main page, if they were all there, it looks way too cluttered, but unfortunately, some people might be missing out on certain categories.
    As you say, they are fully listed at the bottom, and when the categories are opened on the side (non phone).

Its been something Ive been meaning to find a better solution to...either smaller text/boxes at the top, or remove them fully...its a bit of a win/lose one, but there has to be better options!

Cheers for the feedback Eddie!