Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siezed injector removal (Dublin)

BMWHaus Contributor

Siezed injector removal (Dublin)

Anyone know anyone who has tool for removing injectors? Im in Dublin 15, willing to pay for anyone who can help me out...

BMWHaus Guru

I would say valdas is worth a shot. Is it a 181hp engine?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Siezed injector removal (Dublin)

its a 3.0d X5 M57, 19something I think....

BMWHaus Guru

How many are seized?

BMWHaus Contributor

4 and a half..... One popped out, one is sort of wiggling about thinking about coming out and the rest are solid. Im considering cracking out the demo hammer and giving them a lash but that would be a last resort..

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by michael320
    4 and a half..... One popped out, one is sort of wiggling about thinking about coming out and the rest are solid. Im considering cracking out the demo hammer and giving them a lash but that would be a last resort..
    Do you have injectors to replace them with? Reason I'm saying is that there's a tool that will insert into the body of the injector but the problem there is you need to take off the solenoid on top of it. The tool is a forking huge slide hammer that screws into the body of the injector. Once you do that you need to get them rebuilt afterwards, around €180 each to get them rebuilt.

If you do have replacements then that's not an issue. Btw I don't have the tool, we just get Fuel injection services to come round to us to do it as there very close to the garage.

I have seen some bloke on dungdeal advertising a mobile service so maybe that's an option?

BMWHaus Contributor

I have a full set to replace them so im not bothered about damaging them.. I saw a few adds on DD, I might give them a bell in the morning and see but they are saying 120 for one injector on the add... Where are fuel injection services?

BMWHaus Guru

Ossory Road near Connolly train station!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by michael320
    I have a full set to replace them so im not bothered about damaging them.. I saw a few adds on DD, I might give them a bell in the morning and see but they are saying 120 for one injector on the add... Where are fuel injection services?
    120 is just the tip, even at 120 I'd be expecting them to say +vat. To have the solenoid changed too is typically extra, as Conor said, about 180.

The facelift engines, so 525d and 190hp 530d engine had an o-ring on the injectors that reduces the chances of them getting stuck.

BMWHaus Guru

There's a video on YouTube where the use the weight of the car to help get then out, I'll try dig it up.

Edit: here it is,
    http://youtu.be/KErqoB5Vx2U