Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E36 short shifter question

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E36 short shifter question

I had one just like that one pictured on my 323 and loved it and it was off eBay. Also had a genuine ac schnitzer on the 328 was good too, I would buy & try at that price

BMWHaus Guru

i have that exact one i think from the looks of it. no complaints here. it is a really short shift tho from neutral to 2nd theres maybe a half inch

BMWHaus Guru

Someone got there before me :hehe!:

Still interesting to see that you can spend 20 quid on a kit rather than 80 to 100 and get the same thing!

Re: RE: E36 short shifter question

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Someone got there before me :hehe!:

Still interesting to see that you can spend 20 quid on a kit rather than 80 to 100 and get the same thing!
    How can you cant say that without testing all kits though each one will behave differently

The 300e uuc kit could be better or worse then the bmw one the 20 quid ebay one could be better or worse unless you try them all you wont know

But from experience you usually get what you pay for im not saying buy the most exspensive on the market but quality usually comes at a price take tyres for example

All is not created equal so its unlikely you would be getting the same thing for a much cheaper price

BMWHaus Guru

Maybe, I'm just going on the comments others :huh:

BMWHaus Contributor

E36 short shifter question

I've had both bmw and uuc short shifters.uuc is a much better shifter in my opinion.but very pricey.