Thread: Attention Petrolheads!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Attention Petrolheads!

I urge you to make it your business to come to Spain, and drive this road! Oh and bring/rent the right car

We drove from Marbella to Ronda -cozy little town in the mountains- and I just couldn't believe my eyes, what a magnificent piece of road!

Twists and turns - check
    Near perfect road surface - check
    No traffic - check
    Beautiful views - check and check!
    From Marbella theres about 30km motorway and after the turn off for Ronda there's precisely 44km of this magnificence!

It's impossible to take a photo that would show you what it's like but maybe you could check Google street view. The experience was only let down by our 3bhp Chevrolet Cruze sh*t box rental, but it was still enjoyable anyway

Oh and this is what awaits you at the top

BMWHaus Guru

Attention Petrolheads!

It sure is a great road Peter. I drove it before and it is a very enjoyable drive and a very picturesque town Ronda is. I have to track down the Ascari track when over that way next.

Regards,

Andy

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Attention Petrolheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    It sure is a great road Peter. I drove it before and it is a very enjoyable drive and a very picturesque town Ronda is. I have to track down the Ascari track when over that way next.

Regards,

Andy
    Ah I wish I thought of that earlier had a pretty busy day today though so will have to check it out another time too. I'm here till Sunday so may check it out yet

Awesome picture of the architecture.

You must have been wishing you were in the E36 every turn on the road. Your bus would be fantastic on that journey.

Have a great holiday.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Scout
    Awesome picture of the architecture.

You must have been wishing you were in the E36 every turn on the road. Your bus would be fantastic on that journey.

Have a great holiday.
    Thanks Mark, I sure was! It's the exact road I had in mind while modifying the e36. Always thought I would take it for a road trip around Europe at some stage, think it might be gone before I get a chance to now have an offer on it and the thought of it gone has my heart in my throat! It's amazing how attached you can get to a material thing..!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36

Thanks Mark, I sure was! It's the exact road I had in mind while modifying the e36. Always thought I would take it for a road trip around Europe at some stage, think it might be gone before I get a chance to now have an offer on it and the thought of it gone has my heart in my throat! It's amazing how attached you can get to a material thing..!
    I think you should definitely do that road trip in the E36. Can't believe you're selling it.

:crying: