Thread: ANYO NE KNOW THE HANDIEST WAY IN TO AN 02 FORD FOCUS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

ANYO NE KNOW THE HANDIEST WAY IN TO AN 02 FORD FOCUS?

As above, the wife locked her keys in the boot with the car locked, she rang the insurance company as breakdown and locked keys are covered but the fella could not seem to get in, I don't want to bend the door back as it might break the glass PLUS if you do manage to get in the car the boot release button might not work as there is no key in I've ignition so it might have no power? They are bringing the car home but we're still stuck, is my only option call a locksmith to cut a key?or chip a window and hope it works?
    Pm me if you like or call me on 0861938880
    Thanks, mick

RE: ANYO NE KNOW THE HANDIEST WAY IN TO AN 02 FORD FOCUS?

Have you log book or is it in the car ? You could try getting a service key from ford usually no more then 40e

BMWHaus Guru

Re: ANYO NE KNOW THE HANDIEST WAY IN TO AN 02 FORD FOCUS?

Are you with aa? They have ford software and basically they crawl under the car and disconnect the reverse light wire from the gearbox connect something and do some jiggery-pokery on a laptop and it deactivates the deadlock and enables the boot to be opened!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

You can get a key cut from the dealer that is a little plastic flimsy thing that will only open the door, 40 odd quid I think it was but ring around a few of the dealers some of them are rip offs when knowing your stuck. I wouldn't fancy bending the door they are fairly chunky.

BMWHaus Contributor

Yea the car is dead locked, have the log book in the house so she will have to ring around tomorrow, that's what I thought

If you go to a Ford dealer with ID/Proof of ownership.. They should be able to get the key number on their system (Hopefully still has original locks!) and cut you a new one.
    Should be €30/€40. The new key will only open doors but will NOT start it because it doesn't have an immobiliser chip.

BMWHaus Contributor

37e for a key mick. Are the back windows electric?
    Bend the door out and wind the rear window down with a bar/stick. You can get into the boot that way

BMWHaus Contributor

If it's got that funny ford style barrel/key end that looks like the image then go to a locksmith. There's a key available which can be jiggled in the lock and can open those style of locks fairly easily.

New key blade I think should work but you may have a problem in that all focus keys are encoded so if the car is dead locked I can't remember will the blade itself be enough to open the doors.

Worst case I think it would be enough to open the boot and you could crawl in that way and unlock the doors with the handle.

Best off ringing ford and asking. You should be able to get a key blade from them handy enough and just get it cut somewhere like Brown Bros in Dun Laoighaire.

BMWHaus Contributor

Sorted, €20 plastic key from Tallaght ford,
    Cheers for the help