Thread: E90 traction control failure

E90 traction control failure

Hi guys I think my traction control unit is gone
    the car is a 2008 320d just crossed 150k miles.
    I'm getting the traction control light flashing at me and car shaking and no power all the time now, it was hit and miss during the week with cruise control on driving on the motorway it was flashing on and off and cutting power I put it down to lot of surface water and shite tires

Anyone any info on cost of repair or any ideas what else it could be

Also is it ok to drive the car with dsc and dtc off as the car is undrivable with them on

Thanks

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E90 traction control failure

Have you scanned it? could be somthing as simple as a bum ABS sensor.

No don't have inpa
    also I got a rear brake pad sensor failure on the I drive yesterday don't know if it's related

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 320dchris
    No don't have inpa
    also I got a rear brake pad sensor failure on the I drive yesterday don't know if it's related
    I honestly don't know a great deal about e90's but I would take it to someone who can at least scan it, could be something very small. If you have an OBD cable, you could have a go at it yourself, it's possible to download INPA for free.

BMWHaus Guru

E90 traction control failure

I'd say you need a rear driveshaft. The pick up ring that is part of the outer cv joint swells with rust and causes an irregular message to the abs sensor. When they get too bad they can wreck the abs sensor aswell!

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC
    I'd say you need a rear driveshaft. The pick up ring that is part of the outer cv joint swells with rust and causes an irregular message to the abs sensor. When they get too bad they can wreck the abs sensor aswell!
    Ok so I got under the car my brake pad sensor wire fell off the hooks and the drive shaft eat the wire so that's solved!

Here is pictures of the drive shafts

Drivers side

Passengers side

Is that's causing the problems do you think?