Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drift track

Drift track

hi just wondering i want to get a drift car and would like to know is there any tracks in the midland area and that are open for learners?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Drift track

Theres not too many tracks around. Mondello is your best bet really. theres a coupe of practice days on in december i think.

Tynagh in galway is another option, not sure when the next day there is on though.

Drift track

Yeap ok thanks is mondello open for learners? And would you know how much it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

depends on who's organising the day, its around 100/120 euro for an entry.

theres always a few learners at every drift day, but you're being thrown in at the deep end really as theres generally 15 or so cars on track at any one time.

The drift academy in mondello is pretty good I hear, it'll teach you the basics, and they have pro drifters like Mike Fitz as instructors. it'd be worth looking into that first if you've never been on a track before.

BMWHaus Contributor

The Tynagh drift practice days were run by Barrymotorsport, as far as I know barrymotorsport has gone out on business.

Drift track

Ok thanks will do

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    The Tynagh drift practice days were run by Barrymotorsport, as far as I know barrymotorsport has gone out on business.
    ya, Ive heard a few rumours about them alright.

apparently theres a new crowd going to be running drift days there shortly. or so I've heard?

BMWHaus Contributor

Learn on a slab/roundabout or somewhere about car control, if your inexperienced and jump straight in you'll have a bad time both physically and mentally

Drift track

Ok perfect thanks

BMWHaus Contributor

Drift track

Is that place in Kilkenny/Carlow ran by Brendan stone I think it is still running?? Had a few good days down there years ago!!