Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: E92 335i / Late E46 M3 possibly..

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E92 335i / Late E46 M3 possibly..

when is collection

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Steve320
    when is collection
    26hrs 11mins and counting

BMWHaus Guru

Well this is a bit shit... I wouldn't post this online but I already posted I was collecting it tomorrow so...

Basically got a call to say the car won't be ready till Thursday evening. They won't replace the discs they'll "resurface them" (which sounds like a load of crap) and they only fitted 2 new rear tyres. Body wise there's a couple of areas which really require paint and they said they won't paint it they'll just polish it somehow but can't really see that doing anything to be honest. AND they won't budge on the price.

I'm waiting on photos of the areas of the body that I'm most concerned about and if they look good I will negotiate price again, if they're not 100% on top of the other stuff and they still don't budge on price then I think it'll be time to pull the plug. I'm not spending 4-5 grand more than similar M3s being sold privately unless it's 110%. We had already agreed on the list of work to be done since Monday too so it's pretty bad form Friday evening -the day before I'm due to collect it- to turn around and say you're not doing some of what was agreed.

Anyway... what a pain in the ass considering I already got my insurance etc etc

Let's see what happens...

In the interest of fairness they did paint the mirror base and said they've done some pdr, (and the 2 new rear tyres) but that's not enough for the 4-5k premium IMO...

The disc re-surfacing is a fairly standard thing these days, I've been told BMW dealers carry this out but I know many indies do it. Have had it done before it's a great addition to any service.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Well this is a bit s***... I wouldn't post this online but I already posted I was collecting it tomorrow so...

Basically got a call to say the car won't be ready till Thursday evening. They won't replace the discs they'll "resurface them" (which sounds like a load of crap) and they only fitted 2 new rear tyres. Body wise there's a couple of areas which really require paint and they said they won't paint it they'll just polish it somehow but can't really see that doing anything to be honest. AND they won't budge on the price.

I'm waiting on photos of the areas of the body that I'm most concerned about and if they look good I will negotiate price again, if they're not 100% on top of the other stuff and they still don't budge on price then I think it'll be time to pull the plug. I'm not spending 4-5 grand more than similar M3s being sold privately unless it's 110%. We had already agreed on the list of work to be done since Monday too so it's pretty bad form Friday evening -the day before I'm due to collect it- to turn around and say you're not doing some of what was agreed.

In the interest of fairness they did paint the mirror base and said they've done some pdr, (and the 2 new rear tyres) but that's not enough for the 4-5k premium IMO...
    Call me over the top, but I'd be having stern words and strongly re-considering and letting them know, that I was on the verge of withdrawing from the deal. That's bad form, if the agreed list is now a knocked down half arsed effort. Like you say, paying a premium is all very well once everything is 110% - A LA, Monday's list!

BMWHaus Guru

Not over the top at all, I've made them aware that the discs were a deal breaker for me and it was even after that they mentioned they only fitted 2 new tyres! I already made it clear I wouldn't be paying the amount agreed. I'm just waiting for the photos of the body as that will be the final nail in the coffin.

I think because of the interest they got they think the car will fly out the showroom and I'm sure somebody will buy it, but I don't think an enthusiast will pay the asking unless all the details big and small (which can ultimately ruin any car) are 100% sorted.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Well this is a bit s***... I wouldn't post this online but I already posted I was collecting it tomorrow so...

You are within your rights to ask for a copy of the "Approved Used Car Check" sheet.

It will detail the measurement of the disc thickness and what the minimum required thickness is to be. If the discs are above the thickness then they arent obliged to change them.

If they are going back on the already agreed terms of the deal, I would personally pull out. There isnt that many people queuing up to pay a premium for a 10 year old M3....

BMWHaus Guru

Their exact words were "they're not great but they're not at their limit yet" that's not confidence inspiring really is it.

Anyway, I don't want to moan online but I'm sure people would've asked if I didn't post any photos etc tomorrow after a 26 page thread looking for a car and then some!

Did you get the full deal in writing?

If they're like this before you even receive the car, What will they be like for warranty work? Just a thought.

BMWHaus Contributor

If not the agreed price and bits, I'd consider buying private and having 5k left in the kitty for upgrading. It would also
    Cover you with a bmw warranty for at least 3 full years, I was
    Enquiring for the 335i.
    Bummer peter, I was looking forward to pictures and hearing your first impressions of power
    And handling