Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123451328 ... LastLast

Thread: E92 335i / Late E46 M3 possibly..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

RE: E92 335i / Late E46 M3 possibly..

Definitely not M-Sport, no m-sport till 2007. SE with sport suspension, seats and kit.

Headliner,dechrome and steering wheel and it will be a sport

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Headliner,dechrome and steering wheel and it will be a sport
    This is true.

So question is, is the 3k price difference between it and the one in Beshoff's set aside for surprises the equivalent of a warranty? I can imagine something like the turbos would eat into that big time!

BMWHaus Guru

Re: E92 335i / Late E46 M3 possibly..

It's weird that on realOEM they have the shadow line external trim priced cheaper than that brushed aluminum! Wonder if it is actually cheaper and what it costs here to get!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Guru

I'd be paying the extra with the warranty on a car like that..my cousin's 2011 335i with 10k on the clock had some pretty costly work done under warranty, so isn't always higher mileage cars that go wrong.

I can't see you buying a kitted up SE, don't think your OCD would cope! Don't forget the Beshoff's one is a year newer too

Re: RE: E92 335i / Late E46 M3 possibly..

Quote Originally Posted by Don B
    I'd be paying the extra with the warranty on a car like that..my cousin's 2011 335i with 10k on the clock had some pretty costly work done under warranty, so isn't always higher mileage cars that go wrong.

I can't see you buying a kitted up SE, don't think your OCD would cope!
    This was the case on the e46 e39 etc but the fact it has all the sport suspension and original front and rear bumpers id class this car as a sport if the remaining 2 or 3 pieces were fitted

The suspension, bumpers and seats are the most exspensive so another couple of hundred and it would be no different to a sport from the factory

BMWHaus Guru

If you change your car, will you be looking at changing the wheels? If so then you'll need tyres too, depending on the brand of both you could be looking at a couple of grand! So if you're willing to spend that on wheels and tyres and doing a bit of mod'ing then just buy one and drive it for 6 months before mod'ing. Put off buying the few bits in case something drastic happens! My point is, you're probably going to be spending money on changing something anyway, so just do the turbo's and get the mods done later! Failing that keep an eye out for a 325 with the 3.0 non-turbo they put out about 265hp.

It's like buying a new smartphone or pc....... Every few months there's a new one and if you don't just take the plunge and get one then you're always going to be thinking of something like what-if all the time!

BMWHaus Guru

I hope that post doesn't come across as too blunt! It's hard to express a tone in writing!

BMWHaus Guru

Pretty sure the N52 3.0 in the 325i puts out 218 bhp

BMWHaus Guru

Not at all Paddy, agree 100% I dont want to do anything to the car actually mods or otherwise I'm just thinking is cash put aside an equivalent to a warranty. Warranty is certainly better I'd say!
    I think it'll have to be 335i or nothing. 325 or 330 won't cut the mustard I'm afraid

@Don I actually like the SE on the 335s it has a certain "je ne sais quoi" about it I just want my sat Nav and sunroof.

I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled over the next while and see what comes up. Hopefully something that ticks all the boxes will surface!