Thread: Draughty Velux

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Draughty Velux

We moved house today and the 2 Velux windows in the sitting room seem to be draughty. Does anyone have and advice / experience of where to look / how to get these fixed?

Thanks

RE: Draughty Velux

Gaskets John! A common flaw (or not for Velux given spare parts required!). The main one, which is between the frame and the sash and the often forgotten ventilation flap. Replace them and you should be back in business, once there is no other apparent damage/wear.

Congrats on the move! Stressful times

BMWHaus Guru

Tec7, yer only man

Yeah seals are shot. Can you get to them easily?

BMWHaus Guru

Draughty Velux

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    Gaskets John! A common flaw (or not for Velux given spare parts required!). The main one, which is between the frame and the sash and the often forgotten ventilation flap. Replace them and you should be back in business, once there is no other apparent damage/wear.

Congrats on the move! Stressful times
    Thanks, I'll have a look into the gaskets.
    The move was a bit of craic alright, no one got murdered in the process thankfully but it came close once or twice

BMWHaus Guru

Congrats on the move. Is the draft coming from inside the frame or around the edges of the frame? Also I hope you have a bit of a driveway to keep that e39 safe & clean!
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Draughty Velux

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    Congrats on the move. Is the draft coming from inside the frame or around the edges of the frame? Also I hope you have a bit of a driveway to keep that e39 safe & clean!
    Thanks, I'm not sure where's it's coming from as its they're 15' above the ground. I'll have to investigate later.

It's got a good driveway thankfully, I'll be able to fit the 3 cars in and will be able to spent time on them without the neighbours asking "When can I drop mine over?" Now I'd better go and buy a new Nilfisk power hose.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    Thanks, I'm not sure where's it's coming from as its they're 15' above the ground. I'll have to investigate later.

It's got a good driveway thankfully, I'll be able to fit the 3 cars in and will be able to spent time on them without the neighbours asking "When can I drop mine over?" Now I'd better go and buy a new Nilfisk power hose.
    If your in dublin I can send you a carpenters number who installs velux windows all the time, he most does attic conversions so a lot of experience with them, iv worked with him

BMWHaus Guru

Draughty Velux

Quote Originally Posted by MICK FORAN
    If your in dublin I can send you a carpenters number who installs velux windows all the time, he most does attic conversions so a lot of experience with them, iv worked with him
    That'd be great, thanks