Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E39 Security

E39 Security

Hi lads,

Is there any security issues to be aware of on the E39? I know the E60 has it's problems with thieves being able to break in without the alarm going off, but wondering if there's anything similar with the E39?

Re: E39 Security

Short answer nope

RE: E39 Security

That was easy so, haha!!

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RobE39
    Hi lads,

Is there any security issues to be aware of on the E39? I know the E60 has it's problems with thieves being able to break in without the alarm going off, but wondering if there's anything similar with the E39?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Short answer nope
    Some small issues yes.
    By now the newest one is nearly 12 years old. The alarm sirens can go on them and you never know until it's too late. Also the biggest security flaw on their in my opinion is the PDC set up. Somebody can come along, unclip all your bumper trim and cut out your entire PDC system in about 30 seconds flat!

Re: RE: E39 Security

Quote Originally Posted by kceire
    Hi lads,

Short answer nope
    Some small issues yes.
    By now the newest one is nearly 12 years old. The alarm sirens can go on them and you never know until it's too late. Also the biggest security flaw on their in my opinion is the PDC set up. Somebody can come along, unclip all your bumper trim and cut out your entire PDC system in about 30 seconds flat!
    What would be the purpose of cutting your pdc system ? The alarm on them imo is perfect

Deadlocked car ,immobilised and alarmed with tilt sensor in case someone fancys your wheels

Have never heard of the alarm siren failing i have the beep on when i lock the car also so if it did fail you would notice straight away

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kceire
    Hi lads,

Short answer nope
    Some small issues yes.
    What would be the purpose of cutting your pdc system ? The alarm on them imo is perfect

Deadlocked car ,immobilised and alarmed with tilt sensor in case someone fancys your wheels
    They are stolen this way. Considering the cost of sensors, they just pop out the trim, you can use a lolly pop stick for this and just uncut the wire. This then gives them 6 PDC sensors and connections in less than 30 seconds.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with the alarm, I'm just saying the 2 I was close to both alarm sirens were not working. I bought replacement sirens from members on here.

Re: E39 Security

If you cut the pdc wire the alarm will go off though no ?

I think the op was more referring to the way the e60/e90's were being picked up on a daily basis without keys

Trim can be stolen from any car boot spoilers for example the little shits are always pulling them off

Easy way to get some replacement sensors:surprised:

Re: RE: E39 Security

Easy way to get some replacement sensors:surprised:
    Unless the owner catchs you in the act and puts you in the boot

Yes, I was more referring to the car actually being taken off the drive but good to know other bits too. Big fear of someone taking the lip spoiler from the boot. Heard and seen horror stories with scumbags using flatheads and gouging the bootlid while robbing your lip spoiler.