Hey everyone,
As with the majority of people with an n47, ive got the dreaded timing chain noise. Its a 11/2009 e91, 25,000km done. So i took it upon my self to remove the engine, do the chains, and put it back together. And now the car isnt starting! So some trouble shooting is in order.

A few things to note, the engine was removed around 10 months ago, then left sitting in my garage, great timing i know, haha. So i had to spray some inox, an oil lubricant/rust remover type down the injector holes and the engine started to turn all good!

I checked the timing two three times, all perfect, the special tool lines up at the top with top dead centre, cam lobes facing out, serial numbers visible on the cams.

So last night i finished everything and put it all back together after timing chain.
- Is it true the fuel pump sprocket doesnt have to be timed with the cams?

I just left it as is, at top dead center. May have moved a little bit, but i re-adjusted keeping the cam lock on the top and the flywheel pin in.

So before i completed and put it back together, i checked again, turned by hand, the timing is good.

Now engine in the car, i go to start it, and its out of diesel. Did a few cranks before i realised.

I put diesel in, and still car doesnt start.

Do i need to prime it? Air in the system? Could you please tell me procedure to pump air out?

I will check all the plugs again tomorrow to make sure i havent missed anything.

Thank you for your assistance!