Thread: 5 fucking years trying to get away from paypal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

5 fucking years trying to get away from paypal

Years ago i used ebay and in order to use it i used paypal from day one this company has caused my nothing but stress and heartache paypal that is

I had no visa in 2010 so i used to buy them temp credit cards you top up in the shop it was called a 3v card and they had only came out at the time anyway to cut a long story short you top it up and get a temporary card number each time

So everything was fine until paypal contacted me and for suspicious activity and limited my account they are wondering why i had so many credit cards i explained but it was not good enough they asked me to scan in proof of i.d and a bill which i did limit still was not lifted

So a year later i rang to find out could it be lifted the answer was no so i siad close my account to which they siad they would

They never closed it i rang again in 2012 asking why it wasnt closed they siad it should have been and will be done in 48hrs fast forward to nearly 2015 its still fucking open i get stupid emails off them all the time but cant use the account for nothing so last week the changed the user agreement great i thought a chance to close this account once and for all

So i chose to not accept this new terms and condition and close account but it would not let me as the accounts limited head is fit to burst at this stage i despise this company there customer service is shite they are a nightmare to deal with and it appears a few million people feel the same

These shits have a picture of me my address my bank account my debit card numbers phone numbers the lot and for what to send me a bullshit email once every few months and dont let me checkout anywhere that uses paypal trying to speak to someone higher up the chain then the window licker thats answers the phone is impossible even getting an email to the correct department is a complete disaster

http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/

Rant over

Administrator

RE: 5 f****** years trying to get away from paypal

Strongly worded letter, saying you will get a solicitor involved....should see it closed pretty quickly!

Thankfully, they have been OK for us handling payments - other than their fairly hefty charges, but looking into other options at the moment!

RE: 5 fucking years trying to get away from paypal

Im going to pursue this like a mad man its really driving me nuts at this stage il get a letter done up tomorrow and bombard them with calls and emails either unlimit my account or close it for good

Wish i never ended up with these clowns and researched first

Feedback ratings like this says it all

BMWHaus Guru

5 f****** years trying to get away from paypal

Sounds awful Gar and to be honest I'm really surprised. I've been using them for ages and never had an ounce of trouble, very happy customer in fact.

I have to agree with ya what a useless shower of s###s!!

Re: RE: 5 f****** years trying to get away from paypal

Quote Originally Posted by John_D
    Sounds awful Gar and to be honest I'm really surprised. I've been using them for ages and never had an ounce of trouble, very happy customer in fact.
    When everything is going well its great but the lack of customer service is evident once a problem arises and this is were a good company will always shine from a bad one, they have supposedly admitted off record they have a huge problem with the c.s department at paypal

Also at the time they locked money in my account for 6 months!! for 180 days i could not touch my own money

Unfortunately they pretty much have ebay wrapped since they are the same so if you want to buy on it you need paypal i could very easily setup a new account but to be honest il avoid them at all costs luckily for me most places have moved away from using paypal as a checkout

Another major issue is seller protection its so easy for a buyer to lie and scam and seller out of an item and the money paypal will always take a buyers side

Re: 5 f****** years trying to get away from paypal

Try the ombudsman or financial regulator

https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#14

I had problems with an online payment company (not paypal) before and got sorted quickly after I sent an official letter asking for who i should name on my complaint to the ombudsman

Cheers alan after several heavy emails and a mention of a solicitor the account is finally closed