Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Tyres for E90

BMWHaus Contributor

Best Tyres for E90

Well seen as how its getting colder i think its probably about time I removed the factory run flats from 07 E90 :surprised:

Its on 18" MV3's and is an automatic.

Anyone got any suggestions for rubber? dont mind paying a bit more for a better tyre but i love a bargain :happy:

Thanks in advance

Dillon

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Best Tyres for E90

I have Uniroyal Rainsport 3's all round on my e92, 18inch also. Unbelievably quiet and seem to be a good bit better at gripping when I put the power down compared to say the Kuhmo's that were on there before (even when the Kuhmo's were in good nick)!! Keith in Alloywheels.ie is a sponsor on here and doing deals! He has lots of other brands advertised too.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Best Tyres for E90

As Paddy says, the Rainsport 3's are great all rounder with high grip levels especially in the wet. They are reasonably priced too which is a big + Give Keith a bell and I am sure he will look after you should you go with them.

www.instagram.com/super4bmw

BMWHaus Guru

I got the rainsport last year on the GFs Corolla, loved them but put them on the mile muncher and not loving them at all, hit the brakes last week and car just didn't want to stop end up hitting the car in front!!!

Go Continental or Michelin Dillon, more of an OE tyre for them.

BMWHaus Guru

Best Tyres for E90

As Chris said I've always found them in big sizes crap, if budget allows go for Michelins or Conti but best tyre I've used in a long time are the Toyo T1Rs I've on my own car. Afaik Richie in Pro Parts is always doing offers on them too

BMWHaus Guru

Best Tyres for E90

I baffled by the above comments to be honest lads, I had rainsport2 on the front of my E46 and while they still had thread they stuck like glue in all conditions. Very impressive wet grip.

BMWHaus Contributor

Best Tyres for E90

Thanks for all the comments lads will take all of the above into consideration

Chris your storey sounds particularly worrying so will probably go with the toyo's as they seem to get excellent reviews all round

Thanks again lads

BMWHaus Guru

What are Kumho KU39's like? You'll get a full set from Oponeo.ie for €416 delivered

Eagle f1's 120each
    http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s322p105417/Goodyear_Tyres_Car_Goodyear_Eagle_F1_Asymmetric_2_-_235_40_R18_95Y_XL_%28FO%29_FP_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_W et_Grip%3A_C_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_72dB

Or
    Vreds 83 each
    http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s322p111415/Vredestein_Tyres_Car_Vredestein_Ultrac_Sessanta_-_235_40_R18_95Y_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_F_Wet_Grip%3A_C _NoiseClass%3A_1_Noise%3A_67dB

Both will be brutal if we get the winter were due but are very good tyres

If your looking for the best tyre for your car id say contisport contact 5's ,ps3's or f1's

Every tyre mentioned above in the thread is a tyre id be happy to run

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Don B
    What are Kumho KU39's like? You'll get a full set from Oponeo.ie for €416 delivered
    That's where I got tyres last, delivery is much cheaper then Camskill who I was previously using.