Thread: E90 Increased Battery Discharge

BMWHaus Contributor

E90 Increased Battery Discharge

Car has been sitting up for a week now. When I started it today I got the above warning. Is it a case of just giving it a good run or is the battery actually on the way out?

Cheers,
    Brian

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E90 Increased Battery Discharge

You could get an "Energy Diagnosis" done on the battery which would give you a good view of the battery condition. A good independent would be able to do this for you. What year is the car? The batteries in these cars seem to last 6-7 years before giving out, the e6x & e9x models seem to be load heavy when it comes to the batteries & the ideal batteries for these cars are the AGM type, the deep cycle battery. The OEM BMW AGM battery is black & the OEM BMW lead acid battery is white.

The lead acid version will give up sooner.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E90 Increased Battery Discharge

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    You could get an "Energy Diagnosis" done on the battery which would give you a good view of the battery condition. A good independent would be able to do this for you. What year is the car? The batteries in these cars seem to last 6-7 years before giving out, the e6x & e9x models seem to be load heavy when it comes to the batteries & the ideal batteries for these cars are the AGM type, the deep cycle battery. The OEM BMW AGM battery is black & the OEM BMW lead acid battery is white.

The lead acid version will give up sooner.
    Its a 2010 318d. I gave it a good blast up the M3 yesterday evening & so far so good, warning has disappeared.