Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E60 Sound Gone

BMWHaus Contributor

E60 Sound Gone

2008 LCI E60.

Standard iDrive.
    Everything was perfect as it should be, locked the car up and went away for 5 days. Came back and now no sound from radio, PDC, any warnings etc

I have no control over the EQ settings either (the bar doesn't move).

Any ideas?

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: E60 Sound Gone

Quote Originally Posted by kceire
    2008 LCI E60.

Standard iDrive.
    Everything was perfect as it should be, locked the car up and went away for 5 days. Came back and now no sound from radio, PDC, any warnings etc

Any ideas?
    I have no direct experience with this issue but has the car had a software update recently? Could be a coding issue or amp issue. Have you done an i-drive hard reset, checked fuses etc?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Super4
    2008 LCI E60.

Standard iDrive.

Any ideas?
    I have no direct experience with this issue but has the car had a software update recently? Could be a coding issue or amp issue. Have you done an i-drive hard reset, checked fuses etc?
    No software update. I will check the fuses actually. Think the radio fuse is in the glovebox. Hopefully not an amp issue!

BMWHaus Guru

Re: E60 Sound Gone

Bluetooth module went in my e92 and caused similar problems. No radio no sound from pdc and reset did nothing. Ended up replacing the Bluetooth module in boot. But check the simple/cheap stuff first!!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Bluetooth module went in my e92 and caused similar problems. No radio no sound from pdc and reset did nothing. Ended up replacing the Bluetooth module in boot. But check the simple/cheap stuff first!!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2
    Same as above. Bluetooth module went in mine too and caused the same symptoms :crying:

BMWHaus Contributor

Cheers guys. Think a diagnostic is in order.
    I had issues with my 535d before with was the MULF but forgot about the module end of things.

It's looking like a module alright. Should know during the week

BMWHaus Contributor

Ok so diagnostic said to check MOST.
    The connection is ok so that means it's most likely the Radio Amp.

BMWHaus Contributor

Does not sound like this diagnostic software is up to scratch.
    If most is leaking that means a device is dead. If you have top hifi that means your amplifier is dead. If you have BT, cd changer etc, that means one of those device is dead.
    Proper diag software would tell you which module is dead.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    If most is leaking that means a device is dead. If you have top hifi that means your amplifier is dead. If you have BT, cd changer etc, that means one of those device is dead.
    Mick was meant to get out to you but the car was already booked into M&G for a service item so they done a diagnostic while it was there. Her E60 has some upgraded HiFi option from the factory but it's not Logic 7. It's the one in between that and the standard one.

She has all her bluetooth connections working as they should just no sound.
    I have checked all fuses and checked the connection at the back of the radio.

Now that's what the mechanic said to me on Saturday thatbit said check MOST so most likely the amp or radio connection. Unless he goes into detail with my contact in there on Monday and sheds a bit more light on the issue, I can post up then.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    Mick was meant to get out to you but the car was already booked into M&G for a service item so they done a diagnostic while it was there. Her E60 has some upgraded HiFi option from the factory but it's not Logic 7. It's the one in between that and the standard one.

She has all her bluetooth connections working as they should just no sound.
    I have checked all fuses and checked the connection at the back of the radio.

Now that's what the mechanic said to me on Saturday thatbit said check MOST so most likely the amp or radio connection. Unless he goes into detail with my contact in there on Monday and sheds a bit more light on the issue, I can post up then.
    No bother at all just trying to help
    Since you have hifi amp this is not on fibre optic, so that would not be the cause of your Most issue. Now if the BT is working, box ticked, can see contact details etc that can't be a most issue, if it was you would not be able to connect to BT at all, even if the module was in good working order.
    Now your small amp might be gone altogether and the most fault might be unrelated.