Thread: guards v busy

BMWHaus Contributor

guards v busy

garda very busy today in my area,they are in all the supermarket and other car parks checking cars for tax,insurance and nct.very odd as its raining and cold.is this the future.will they nab anyone anywhere for something.im in Westport co mayo,wondering has anyone seen this or is it a new thing there doing since the new rules.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: guards v busy

Someone lit a fire under their arse to meet their quota by the sounds of it. Generally I would assume a car park could be classed as private property and you can't be done in it?

Depends on the car park.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Someone lit a fire under their a*** to meet their quota by the sounds of it. Generally I would assume a car park could be classed as private property and you can't be done in it?

Depends on the car park.
    they re doing Tesco,supervalue,centra and others.maybe the heating broke in the barricks..

They probably have their Christmas night out this weekend :wink:

Seriously though never seen them checking cars in a supermarket car park hope its not a sign of things to come...

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Someone lit a fire under their a*** to meet their quota by the sounds of it. Generally I would assume a car park could be classed as private property and you can't be done in it?

Depends on the car park.
    AFAIK the likes of shopping centre carparks are considered public access space or something like that so the full rules of the road stillapply from; speeding, reckless endangerment, to no seatbelt, use of a phone, no tax etc