Thread: Fiat stilo throttle body issue

BMWHaus Guru

Fiat stilo throttle body issue

Hi Lads,

Not a BMW but alas a fiat. The story goes that I have been offered one for less than scrapper money and from what I'm told the only issue with the car is that it stalls (was being prepared for NCT)

So the owner has brought it to garage and a few hundred spent on it. She has been plugged in and the throttle body replaced yet the issue persists. I assume it must be electrical?

Basically the car will drive but then will go down on power and then cut out but will be fine again for a while.

Of course I'm interested in flipping it if the rest of the car is solid. So where to begin on something like this? I've been looking on fiat forums and it appears it's a common issue with no fix that I can I see!?

Thanks.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Fiat stilo throttle body issue

You can reset the self adaptive parameters with a main dealer diagnostic. Have seen this sort it a lot of times. I'd go back to basics first and check for air leaks etc first before putting more money into it

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ian.j
    You can reset the self adaptive parameters with a main dealer diagnostic. Have seen this sort it a lot of times. I'd go back to basics first and check for air leaks etc first before putting more money into it
    Agreed, thinking of whipping it off and cleaning also. But then I'd have assumed a mechanic would have attempted that also!?

BMWHaus Contributor

Do your own diagnostic. Don't rely on someone else's info. They might not know what there doing or might have missed something simple

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ian.j
    Do your own diagnostic. Don't rely on someone else's info. They might not know what there doing or might have missed something simple
    That's what I'm hoping for. :hehe!: